Nashville losing TSA agents?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mcgyver210

I think anytime the TSA aka KGB gets something done to them it is 100% deserved. I would never fill even 1 ounce of sympathy for any of them.

Guest 270win

I consider many TSA (especially in MEMPHIS!) overcompensated mall security guards with metal detectors and huge egos.

Flying used to be a lot friendlier and hassle free 10 years ago when the airports ran their own security. The TSA boys in Memphis are such a pain that I have considered driving two hours to Little Rock the next time I fly because the help there is a lot nicer and lacking the body scanners and groping. Maybe it is a Memphis thing? I have flown out of Reno, and Fort Myers, and the help both places very professional too and lacking the X Ray body scanners.

On a side note, no problems what so ever checking a gun in Reno, and Fort Myers. What a breeze. Memphis it seems to take forever because the desk agents and three TSA people sometimes don't know procedures. Be ready to take a little extra time.

If Nashville Airport wasn't east of town I would consider using that airport, but it is further than Little Rock. Is the help there friendly/knowledgable?

Guest bkelm18
OR maybe just leave them the he*l alone..... I just flew down and back to Las Vegas and didn't have any problems nor saw any problems at either Nashville or LV airports.

Loosen the tinfoil some.

+1. TSA Agents at airports don't make policies. They just have to follow them and catch the unimaginable backlash from the general public who don't care to realize they are just doing their jobs. There are other modes of transportation after all.

I have flown a couple of times with a checked handgun out of Nashville with no problems at all.

I got the pat down coming back from Key West. Nothing bad or invasive about it at all . A guy made the comment "for an extra $5 I could get masssage" I just looked at the agent said " I'll bet your about tired of all the jokes " "Yeah I am" was response. The pat down doesn't bother me has much as the baggage fees. Like someone said its just their job not their rules.

And don't to forget idiot that wants to cram a suitcase in the overhead compartment

Edited by laktrash
  • Admin Team

You're going after the wrong people if you think you're making some kind of statement at the airport. You're not doing anything but making some poor guy in a government jobs program life a little more miserable and making a jerk out of yourself at the same time.

If you want the TSA to be moderated call the airlines to tell them why you won't be flying, and call you representatives and senators to explain the same thing.

I flew with a Spyderco Rescue clipped to my pocket on September 10, 2001. That's pretty fair defense against a box cutter, especially in trained hands. I was in 1WTC the morning of September 11 and got to spend the next nine months working the recovery in the Red Zone. I've flown all over the world as a part of the GWOT, and fly multiple times a month. I can say for certain, security theater aside that I haven't been as safe on a plane since as I was on September 10, 2001.

Edited by MacGyver