I've heard from a coworker that the supreme court recently declared it unconstitutional for states to require a permit for open carry. Being that I've heard absolutely nothing about it from anywhere else, I have all but no doubt that he's wrong. I just wanted to double check. Anybody heard anything like this?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not sure but I am guessing that if this actually happened it would be all over the place. You would not need to ask about it here, you would know it already.

And other than that I was hoping this was another thread to extort the vitues of OC.

Oh I'll just go ahead and do all the parts myself.

Poster 1: "Open carry sucks!"

Poster 2: "Open carry rules! You suck!"

Poster 3: "I fall somewhere in the middle and don't mind healthy debate."

Poster 2: "You're an idiot!"

Poster 1: "You're uninformed!"

Moderator: "Lock! Banhammer!"

/end thread

/end thread

Yep. That about covers it :rolleyes:

If OC was suddenly ruled to be legal without any permitting at all in any state how would it be a step in the wrong direction?

One reason is because the court that ruled it (I assume you would be talking about the United States Supreme Court) would be making a decision that they don’t have the authority to make or the ability to enforce. We would be back at 1861.

One reason is because the court that ruled it (I assume you would be talking about the United States Supreme Court) would be making a decision that they don’t have the authority to make or the ability to enforce. We would be back at 1861.

Good point.

Guest President Fernatt

/end thread

THAT...was beautiful. lol

• Moderators

/end thread

That sounds awfully familiar, LOL. I think I have read/participated in that thread.

• Admin Team
Lmao I think we all have.
I'll admit, I saw this thread, saw Punisher as the last poster, may have said some bad words under my breath, and cursed not being able to finish the weekend without having to ban someone.

Y'all play nice. You've almost made it through the weekend. Full moon has passed, and everybody can get back to normal. :)

I'll admit, I saw this thread, saw Punisher as the last poster, may have said some bad words under my breath, and cursed not being able to finish the weekend without having to ban someone.

Y'all play nice. You've almost made it through the weekend. Full moon has passed, and everybody can get back to normal. :D

:)

Edited by MacGyver
Didn't mean to hit edit here. Dang iPhone.

I figured as much. Honestly the main reason I even asked is so I could tell him that literally everybody on TGO said there was no way that had happened. As soon as he said it I figured he was thinking of the supreme court telling D.C. they had to allow handguns, but I knew if I'd started to argue we'd just be yelling at each other and without anybody having recently checked we woudl've been yelling at each other all night.