Android problem

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm using an Android device (Epic, Android 2.2) and can reply via tapatalk or the browser.I have noticed that I seem to get the full desktop theme now instead of the mobile theme when using the android browser. Pretty sure I used to get the mobile theme. Related, perhaps?

I don't know how I can help you with that. Are you using Tapatalk?

Nope, the broser that came with the tablet. I can post anywhere but here from it. And it just changed in the last little bit.

I'm using an Android device (Epic, Android 2.2) and can reply via tapatalk or the browser.I have noticed that I seem to get the full desktop theme now instead of the mobile theme when using the android browser. Pretty sure I used to get the mobile theme. Related, perhaps?

Mine is a Viewsonic G-tab. Works great despite what the people over on android central seem to think.

an android that doesn't work properly....hmmmm, that's odd. lol.

And what help was that?

I was using tapatalk earlier on my Droid X and it was acting funny too. As a matter of fact, even on my home computer its been acting odd since TGO David mentioned the probs last week...sometimes when I post it generates a message on my computer asking if I want to leave this page...if I say no, it doesnt post, if I say ya then it posts ...but it doesnt do that all the time. The reason I mention that here in this thread is because I kinda am thinking the problem is one with the host or the software and quite possibly related to the reasons TGODavid wants to change. I didnt used to have these problems with either my desktop OR my Droid.

Try downloading "Dolphin Browser HD" from the market (free). See if it works any better.

Also, and this may seem like a silly question, but make sure the forum shows you as logged in.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Still a problem for me. This is the only forum I use that refuses to let me post with my android phone native browser. Posting - or just reading the forum - from 6 home system has become so painfully slow that I don't bother. I'm one of the unfortunate few with no alternative to dialup.

Result - I occasionally stop by for a quick browse, but almost never find it worthwhile to close my phone browser, reopen the aftermarket crap, and post a reply.

Still a problem for me. This is the only forum I use that refuses to let me post with my android phone native browser. Posting - or just reading the forum - from 6 home system has become so painfully slow that I don't bother. I'm one of the unfortunate few with no alternative to dialup.

Result - I occasionally stop by for a quick browse, but almost never find it worthwhile to close my phone browser, reopen the aftermarket crap, and post a reply.