email notices

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not getting any at all, or some are missing? Tungsten had to rebuild the database recently due to a glitch... I suppose that may have caused some items to not work, that, or if just some of your notifications aren't working, it could be because the threads were moved into new forum catagories, when I created them.

• Administrator

It may be related to our network changes. If it is... I'm not sure how quickly I can resolve it. We had similar problems for work that took me the past four days to fix and this will be pretty low priority for me right now.

I'll do some investigating.

• 1 month later...
I'm also not getting the notices for subscribed threads or private messages.

I changed my email address and started getting notices again. (It was a Comcast email and wasn’t being blocked by anything I know of)

I don’t know if my PM’s are working or not.

• 2 weeks later...

Well… awhile back I changed from my Comcast email address that had been working prior to the forum upgrade to an MSN email address. I started getting notices again.

Today I tried to change it back….

The forum says…

Your account has not been confirmed and is not yet active! To become a registered user on this forum (required for posting or accessing special features) you will need to verify your email address by clicking a special link sent to you in our original welcome email. If you have lost this email, or it never arrived, please go here to request another activation email be sent to you.

I received no email with a “special link†and when I click on the “here†nothing happens.

Of course I couldn’t post, so I had to change back to the MSN email address. I immediately received the email with the link.

• Administrator

Guys the problem pretty much centers around increased spam sensitivity with many ISPs and the fact that our SMTP outgoing mail server is "virtualized" rather than having an IP address that points directly back to mail.tngunowners.com. I am going to work toward fixing this problem in the next week or two.

I've known what the problem was since the outset but have been looking and hoping for an easier fix. None of the easy things have worked so it's time for me to build a dedicated mail host on our web server. Not a big deal, just wasn't the answer I was hoping for.

That's life. I'll get it fixed because it's annoying to all of us; me included.

• 2 weeks later...