Gun maker Kahr to pay record damage claim

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just what the Brady Center needs... Encouragement.Man steals gun, uses that gun to shoot two people. Is that man responsible? Of course not, the manufacturer is (where he stole the gun from.)This reminds me of a bit that Rush did a long time ago: If liberals officiated basketball: "If a foul is committed; was it a hate foul?"

Guest WyattEarp

this one is borderline IMO. Kahr hired a guy with a criminal background, then this guy managed to steal a guy and get it past security and THEN went and shot 2 people. Did Kahr pull the trigger? no, they didn't, but there is some responsibility for them in all of this.

However, I hope this doesn't somehow open up the floodgates for a bunch of lawsuits against gun companies for wrongful death, because simply put guns don't kill people. it's the person pulling the trigger. No one sues an car manufacturer (or dealership) for selling a car to a person with history of DUI's who buys the car and then goes on to drink and drive and kill someone.

I couldn't help but notice one of the comments at the bottom of the article

Hmmm, and the Democrats are trying to force companies to hire people with criminal records.

obviously this incident happened before the Democrats became concerned with felons rights as noted in this article.

San Francisco Considers Legal Protection for Criminals - FoxNews.com

this one is borderline IMO. Kahr hired a guy with a criminal background, then this guy managed to steal a guy and get it past security and THEN went and shot 2 people. Did Kahr pull the trigger? no, they didn't, but there is some responsibility for them in all of this.

However, I hope this doesn't somehow open up the floodgates for a bunch of lawsuits against gun companies for wrongful death, because simply put guns don't kill people. it's the person pulling the trigger. No one sues an car manufacturer (or dealership) for selling a car to a person with history of DUI's who buys the car and then goes on to drink and drive and kill someone.

I couldn't help but notice one of the comments at the bottom of the article

obviously this incident happened before the Democrats became concerned with felons rights as noted in this article.

San Francisco Considers Legal Protection for Criminals - FoxNews.com

Ha I was just thinking of this article. However he stole the gun, I still don't see the manufacturer being at fault.

Don't know why Kahr hired the guy to start with. Guessing if they didn't labor department would sue them. Also guessing Kahr figured they would end up paying more if the fought this.

Damn man, they are going to sue you if don’t hire criminals and sue you because you do.

The only new gun I was looking for right now is a Kahr. So much for finding a good deal on a MK40. :poop:

Of course the deep pockets had to take the fall instead of the low life thief that committed the crimes. This is one of the reasons why business owners will never be forced to allow guns on their property or in the workplace unless they want to.

...However, I hope this doesn't somehow open up the floodgates for a bunch of lawsuits against gun companies for wrongful death, because simply put guns don't kill people. it's the person pulling the trigger. No one sues an car manufacturer (or dealership) for selling a car to a person with history of DUI's who buys the car and then goes on to drink and drive and kill someone......

...which is why the idiocy has to stop with the very first one! As Barney Fife would say, "Nip it in the bud!"

Records indicate that in five years some 50 firearms have disappeared from Kahr

Arms plant, the Brady Center said.

Here’s another cost we are going to have to bear. They (all) are going to have to tighten security up to that of a bank.

... However he stole the gun, I still don't see the manufacturer being at fault.

He actually brought it out in parts, assembled when he had them all. And he did it with more than one gun, too. Btw, this all happened 12 years ago, has taken this long to work through the courts.

Kahr is suing Diamond Back, maybe they'll get some of it back.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot

Wonder if this precedent would open up suits against alcohol suppliers? They have to know that the production and distribution of their product could result in acts that result in damage to the general population. Every can or bottle of hooch set out for sale stands to cause a alcohol induced fatality on the road.

Of course the courts did not look to the actual individual that was responsible for the shootings, they were able to find a judge (or jury, would be interested to see which vehicle was used here) that sought for the "deep pockets" and turned away from personal accountability.