Ryman

Guest turkeyhunter

Guest turkeyhunter

Does anybody know if the ryman is posted . Going there for a concert . do'nt really like being downtown late unarmed.

thanks turkeyhunter

• 2 years later...

I know I'm resurrecting an old thread, but in case someone searches TGO for the Ryman looking for this:

Was there tonight. Gunbuster on the glass panel to the right of the doors. About 4"-5" diameter but on a clear background, not white. Large enough to see if you're looking, but clear enough to miss if you're fumbling for your tickets.

Edited by monkeylizard
  • 1 year later...

I know I'm resurrecting an old thread, but in case someone searches TGO for the Ryman looking for this:

Was there tonight. Gunbuster on the glass panel to the right of the doors. About 4"-5" diameter but on a clear background, not white. Large enough to see if you're looking, but clear enough to miss if you're fumbling for your tickets.

I am going to re-resurrect this old thread.  I was at the Ryman tonight for the Vince Gill and Amy Grant Christmas show.  I was not carrying because I did not want to have to go back to lock my pistol in my car.  However, I did look all around the front doors and inside the entry point and I saw no postings whatsoever.  If it is posted, it is in no way conspicuous.  

• Like 1

It's still there, but the sticker body is clear, the glass is tinted, and the black gunbuster is hard to find. Similar to many Nashville libraries, but a little larger then those.

Hmmm...I really looked.  I didn't see it.  Might be down low or something, but it is definitely not conspicuous at all.

• Like 1
  • 8 months later...
25 minutes ago, monkeylizard said:

Update on this: It looks like they're adding metal detectors to The Ryman and The Grand Ole Opry House.

http://www.wsmv.com/story/32794702/security-upgrades-coming-to-opry-ryman

Yes they are Friday night will be the first night they use them at the opry house I'm good friends with there head of security the management made the decision after Pulse Nightclub in Orlando shooting

On August 19, 2016 at 9:10 AM, raildog said:

Yes they are Friday night will be the first night they use them at the opry house I'm good friends with there head of security the management made the decision after Pulse Nightclub in Orlando shooting

Because it would be so difficult to pop the clueless security people working the detectors and walk right in.... I am getting really sick of the security theater that is 100% ineffective. It's just like what they've got a dollywood now. I could easily sneak a rifle in two pieces in without my effort. A handgun in a holster super easy. It's all about feelings rather anything that would do some good.

1 hour ago, macville said:

Because it would be so difficult to pop the clueless security people working the detectors and walk right in.... I am getting really sick of the security theater that is 100% ineffective. It's just like what they've got a dollywood now. I could easily sneak a rifle in two pieces in without my effort. A handgun in a holster super easy. It's all about feelings rather anything that would do some good.

Just to give you a little info on me I am a 16 year veteran of the Security and personal protection industry and Army Veteran and what you speak of ruffles my feathers. You are correct it is all about perception in a lot of cases. If the facility is serious about security and they have professional staff you will not get in with a sewing needle. The problem that I run i to on a daily basis is clients do not want to pay for services of a professional staff there are some very large players in the market that will hire anyone that can pass a background check and only pay a little better than minimum wage so guy's like me will not work for that kind of money it's the nature of the Beast you get what you pay for so ultimately you are only as secure as your environment I was offered the job to implement there protocol and train their staff at the Grand old Opry and the Ryman but they didn't want to pay so I turn down the offer so now they're using a company called Contemporary Services Corporation who does the security for Bridgestone Arena and Nissan Stadium and you get what you pay for $10 an hour uneducated untrained staff who don't want to be there in the first place who half a$$ there job. I can not speak of Dollywood I do not have any experience or interaction with those people but I could sit here and give you a list of everybody in Nashville who does their jobs right and everybody in Nashville who does not. Thanks for letting me vent have a great day 

I think long lines of people waiting to go through metal detectors at events can create a new set of security problems by bunching people together.  To me highly trained police, good private security, and dogs are the better route to go than walk through metal detectors.  But if private businesses want to stick up walk through metal detectors, that is their choice since it is their property to do as they please.

On 8/21/2016 at 0:26 AM, suspiciousmind said:

Yep, last time I played the Opry last month they even had a guard checking bags at the Artist Entrance. I have never seen them do that before. They must really be ramping up security.

Ryman, or the big house?

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, suspiciousmind said:

Security at the back door of The Ryman is a joke. Usually an old lone police officer(nice guy, but old), and an ancient security/door guy. If somebody wanted to get in it would be easy.

Been that way as long as I can remember. Hard to believe it's still like that.

• Like 1