Gun and Knife Show - Crossville - Aug 6-7

Show at the Cumberland County Fairgrounds in Crossville. $5 admission. Hours 9-5 on Saturday and 9-4 on Sunday. From an ad in the local paper: "300+ tables for gun & knife vendors, outdoor activities & exhibits, and educational classes & exhibitions on gun safety, hunting, and archery." Billed as the first annual Cumberland County Gun & Knife Show. Keep in mind that the 127 Yard Sale will be in full swing at the same time so traffic could be a pain.

Gee and miss all of the great buys on Chinese junk and other people's trash!!

Unfortunately the mega-yardsale is getting that way. It used to be (even as recently as ten years or so back) mostly just folks with stuff they wanted to sell but, like most 'flea markets' is unfortunately turning into people trying to make a living by ordering the Chinese junk you are talking about in bulk and reselling it. Hopefully there will still be some old-time 'yardsale' deals, though. Usually I look for rods and reels. I like the old Mitchell reels (as in back when they were all metal) - not just collecting but actually using them - and I have found some good deals on them at the 127 yardsale. We're planning on hitting part of it this year (the part around Crossville, in fact) so I hope it hasn't all been replaced by stuff I could find at the Dollar Tree. I'll be with my wife and some of her family, though, so I don't know if I will make it to the gun show.

I decided to take a drive up to Crossville today. The show wasn't bad. If I had been looking for a Kimber or Case knife, I would have hit pay dirt. Unfortunately, I didn't find anything that interested me. I was still glad I went. I enjoy the drive up 68.

i had an ok show i like the fact that the county put it on.i do about 75 gunshows a year all over the country all the others are by prometers.sure there was lots of stuff there other than guns but the people that came seemed to have a good time and the bbq was great .i hope to be there again next year .

• Like 1
Gee and miss all of the great buys on Chinese junk and other people's trash!!

I didn't go to the show but we did go to Crossville for the 127 'yard sale' this weekend. I managed to pick up three boxes of Hot Shot 7.62 Nagant ammo for 12 bucks a piece. I haven't tried firing any, yet, but the boxes are in pretty good shape and the brass is all bright and clean so I foresee no problems and at about half the retail prices I have seen - plus being able to buy in person rather than having to fool with ordering online - I'll take it. Funny, it sounds like I made a better gun-related score at the much maligned yard sale than most made at the gun show.

On another note, I saw several old guns that might have been a good deal had I been interested in such (as in muzzle-loading, percussion cap shotguns that were supposedly Civil War era.) I also looked at a hammered double barrel the guy said was made in the 1800s. He said it would shoot and he'd take $125 for it but I didn't want to chance it and really don't want to sink money into that sort of thing even if it did work. I saw some 'newer' long guns (mostly 1950s and 1960s vintage), too, but the owners were all too proud of them for my tastes (as in a few Stevens and Savage single shot shotguns for $125 or more.)

Guest CCFD1414

I missed it, I was at live fire that weekend :popcorn: And as for that 127 sale, anymore it just makes it hard for the emergency services to get anywhere on 127