Girlfriend's New Pistol

Hello Ladies!

My girlfriend's birthday is coming up at the beginning of August so I did what any great boyfriend would do.... I bought her her first pistol, a brand new 4th Gen Glock 26! That being said I haven't given it to her yet and I wanted to research some holster ideas to get her started. She works retail so she's fashionable.. which means the occasional set of tight pants. I love the idea of IWB carry but she may have to settle with purse carry every so often.

I'm going to attempt to get her to sign up here so you can talk to her directly. Thanks guys, I can't wait to give her this present!

Josh

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest nicemac

My wife uses a belly band most of the time, and she carries most every day. When she isn't using the belly band, she has an IWB holster and carries in the small of her back. Carrying in the purse can be risky for numerous reasons.

Guest Victor9er

I'm not an expert on women carrying, but I like my IWB holster. If she's going to be wearing tight pants that won't allow for that though from time to time, maybe an ankle holster as well?

That gun is too fat to conceal in tight pants using *any* method, esp women's pants which have a terrible practice of almost no real pockets (they assume your stuff is in your purse). I cannot think of anything at all that could hide a fatty like that in tight clothing, its very difficult. Small of the back a great choice except retail means bending over fairly often, and it could be exposed that way. Belly band is safer IMHO, but uncomfortable and STILL going to show in tight clothing with that pistol. I hate to suggest this one but have you considered a single stack gun in a similar plaftorm? Glock has not figured out the single stack/slim option yet but there are a number of good ones out there that may do better for a woman that dresses in this manner.

The 26 is the ONE pistol she's found herself to be quite fond of.... So a different one is out of the question.

I personally do not like the idea of purse carry but I believe it may be her only valid option.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Guest Anadais

I'm kinda jealous. I wish my man would buy me a Glock 26.

I'm completely anti purse-carry. Period.

I would go belly band or IWB. She may have to change the way she dresses, but I would rather be safe than fashionable. Just saying...

Yes, changing the dress style > purse, and if she likes that model, ... choices are limited. The ankle holster or other parts of the body (how about that bra holster thingy?) are also better bets if she insists on the tight pants.

Guest Anadais
Yes, changing the dress style > purse, and if she likes that model, ... choices are limited. The ankle holster or other parts of the body (how about that bra holster thingy?) are also better bets if she insists on the tight pants.

I'm very curious about the bra holster, myself. I know the flashbang bra holster comes in different sizes, but I really haven't had time to check it out.

Definitely worth looking into though, especially if she isn't willing to forsake fashion :rolleyes:

• 3 months later...
Guest twpayne75

My wife carries a Kahr CW9 in a Crossbreed holster and loves it. It adds very little bulk to your clothing. And they are relatively inexpensive. So that may allow funds for a larger gun to be carried when practical.