Shirts for conceal carry

Not sure this is the correct place for this question so if not please move it where it belongs.

I normally wear a loose fitting t-shirt or a Hawaiian type shirt for carrying and normally they both do pretty good but what kind of shirts do you normally wear when carrying concealed? I don't really like the typical photographers vest or anything like that and the button down Hawaiian shirts do really well but I am looking for something like that but without the floral print, something solid colored.

Any suggestions.

Thanks

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Checkout the outdoors/fishing type shirts at a sporting goods store like Dick's, Academy,etc. Made of cooler material with squared shirttales for outside the pants wear. Never seen any in anything but solid colors. Make sure of size while carrying as they are generally thin material so printing could be an issue unless oversizsed.

In the summer I wear button front shirts that fit loose. You can get them at any departmant store--either solid or prints. In the winter I wear loose sweatshirts or if I need to dress up a bit I have a nice looking vest that is made for ccw. Looks like a normal vest from the outside. Works for me. I carry owb either a Glock 26 or a Taurus PT140 both in a DeSantis Mini-slide holster. Good Luck

I wear large/xlarge plaid button up shirts. I buy them at the goodwill for 2-5 bucks. I do not tuck them in. It hides my kahr p9 iwb very well, as long as I am not getting something off the top shelf. Not too tactical, very practical.

The advice I've read is that generally dark colored and patterned shirts print the least. I wear mostly untucked polo shirts, usually either darker colors or striped or both. I carry a Ruger SP101 OWB at the 3 o'clock position, and while these shirts don't make it completely disappear, the gun certainly isn't obvious or obtrusive in that position.

The advice I've read is that generally dark colored and patterned shirts print the least. I wear mostly untucked polo shirts, usually either darker colors or striped or both. I carry a Ruger SP101 OWB at the 3 o'clock position, and while these shirts don't make it completely disappear, the gun certainly isn't obvious or obtrusive in that position.

Hey! Me too!

I wear the same thing no matter what time of year, denim knee length shorts and an XL concert T shirt. That's about as concealed as I care about.

I love these shirts...if you watch the sales you can get them pretty cheap...I usually pay $16 for them at Academy on sale, and have probably 8 in different colors, both short and long sleeve...they come in sizes up to at least 3X and have big pockets. I buy the big ones and wear a tshirt under them...makes OWB concealment easy.

Checkout the outdoors/fishing type shirts at a sporting goods store like Dick's, Academy,etc. Made of cooler material with squared shirttales for outside the pants wear. Never seen any in anything but solid colors. Make sure of size while carrying as they are generally thin material so printing could be an issue unless oversizsed.
Guest biohazardmatthew

Here is a link to the shirts that my employer uses for our uniforms. I really like these shirts and they are made out of a not too thick and not too thin material that is good all year round.

Port Authority K500 Silk Touch Sport Shirt

They are designed extra long to be tucked in so when they are not tucked in they do an excellent job of concealing your weapon.

Matthew

Edited by biohazardmatthew
Guest Broomhead

I just grab a shirt size one up from what I should wear. I can fit in Large shirts, but buy XL for both length (I'm 6'3" with a long torso) and comfort. I have started being able to carry my Kel-Tec PF-9 at 3:15-3:30, or I can pocket it. I have been wearing either polos or the soft cotton, solid colored Ts or V-necks that Target has (Mossimo brand). Regardless of carry position style, the lightweight cotton doesn't get hung-up on the pistol, which helps prevent printing. Not that I'm worried, the sheep rarely notice anything that doesn't involve them directly.

Kohl's has a great selection of "Camp Shirts" made popular by Charlie Sheen on 2 1/2 Men.

I just picked up eight, all under $12.00 (clearance rack). Shirts are square cut for untucked wear.

They are also pretty full cut, so the mediums I got easily conceal a CZ75 with little to no printing.