Would you trade your favorite polymer pistols....

Links2k

What would you do?  

91 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• Keep the Glocks
    • Depends on the amount of cash
    • What are you waiting for?
    • Keep saving and purchase new 1911

if you had a chance to pick up a Wilson Combat or NightHawk Custom 1911 in a 3 for 1 + cash deal? Initially it was a no brainer because glocks are a dime a dozen. Now, I am having second thoughts. What would you do?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really have a hard time seeing a real-world situation in which I would trade 3 of my guns to get 1 in return. Won't say I wouldn't under the right circumstance, but normally I'd simply save and buy what I wanted.

Well, I don't own any Glocks, I'm an XD guy.

Obviously I would trade and immediately sell, pocketing a good profit.

If the rules and conditions were that I had to KEEP the 1911 that I traded for, I wouldn't trade one XD for every 1911 turd Wilson and the rest of them have ever made. I don't care what other opinions say about their spectacular quality, I still hate every one ever made.

To me it would be:

How much do I have invested in the 3.

How easy are the 3 to replace.

Can I replace them for the same or less than I have invested.

Then how much the trade value brings with all the above.

Then the big question. Do I really want the new gun?

I just wanted some opinions. I think that my mind was already made up. I have enough high dollar safe queens and I really like and carry the Glocks. The more the negotiations went on the more I was liking my pistols and cash.

Well, I don't own any Glocks, I'm an XD guy.

Obviously I would trade and immediately sell, pocketing a good profit.

If the rules and conditions were that I had to KEEP the 1911 that I traded for, I wouldn't trade one XD for every 1911 turd Wilson and the rest of them have ever made. I don't care what other opinions say about their spectacular quality, I still hate every one ever made.

Dayum!

To me it would be:

How much do I have invested in the 3.

How easy are the 3 to replace.

Can I replace them for the same or less than I have invested.

Then how much the trade value brings with all the above.

Then the big question. Do I really want the new gun?

+1

I'm sorry:shrug:

Really, I am, but I despise them.

Not everybody has good taste. :P

Guest Victor9er
A dozen Glocks are about 6000 grand. :P

so three would be worth about 1500 or there abouts.

I don't think any 1911 is worth 1500 dollars.

I would agree with this.

Not a great deal unless you do not like the glocks. I would do it for the pistols only, but wouldnt add any cash to that deal, but I do not like glocks or most plastic guns. One glock is the same as another, you could also do a 2 + cash for 1 and still have as much glock as you had to begin with.

Guest TresOsos

If you have 3 or more Glocks your probably not a 1911 guy, so keep your Glocks you'll be happier that way.

Me if I wanted a Nighthawk I'd just save up and buy one.

I feel like Caster toward XD's / Glocks like he feels toward 1911s'

If I was walking down the road and came upon a penny and a XD/Glock, I'd pick up the penny.

And there are 1911s out there worth every penny of $1500 and more you just have to have an appreciation for them.

If you're use to drinking cheap whiskey out of a Dixie cup, you might not appreciate drinking the good stuff out of fine crystal.

Edited by TresOsos
Guest Victor9er

If you're use to drinking cheap whiskey out of a Dixie cup, you might not appreciate drinking the good stuff out of fine crystal.

Hey! Wats... *hic* wrong wif drinkin.... *hic* cheap whish-shay I asks ya... *hic* after all, this is... *hic* Tenneffssee!

:confused:

If I would still have a Glock9mm left for every abled body member of my household after trading then yes, but as it stands, I'd just keep drooling over pictures of other peoples high dollar 1911's.

If you have 3 or more Glocks your probably not a 1911 guy, so keep your Glocks you'll be happier that way.

Me if I wanted a Nighthawk I'd just save up and buy one.

I feel like Caster toward XD's / Glocks like he feels toward 1911s'

If I was walking down the road and came upon a penny and a XD/Glock, I'd pick up the penny.

And there are 1911s out there worth every penny of $1500 and more you just have to have an appreciation for them.

I decided not to do the trade. I have a couple of 1911s that are for the range, but I carry the Glocks daily. I was trying to get into the NHC without using a great deal of cash. Then I realized that it would only be used on a limited basis and spend most of its time in the safe. Right now I don't think that there is a pistol out there that could get the g19 out of my holster.

If I would still have a Glock9mm left for every abled body member of my household after trading then yes, but as it stands, I'd just keep drooling over pictures of other peoples high dollar 1911's.

Good point. I should just put a bunch of pictures of 1911s in my safe. They can keep the Baers company.;)