Woman Defends Home

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also a report on WSMV: Nashville woman shoots intruders - WSMV Channel 4 - Nashville, TN News, Weather and Sports

The story doesn't say, but it sounds like a shotgun? was used . . .

I wonder why they singled out her house? Did they do yard work or construction for the house earlier in the day or week?

At least two of the perpetrators are illegal aliens.

I love to see stories like this with a happy ending.

:screwy:

I'd like to know more details on hitting the two men with one shot.

Just got this by email from my Councilman.

I think one robber had his head on the others chest while picking his nose. :)

Okey

July 30, 2011

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

South Precinct detectives are charging four men with attempted aggravated robbery after three of them broke into a home on Glencliff Road at 2:30 a.m. today and were greeted by a shotgun blast by the 68-year-old female resident.

The three robbers, two of them wounded and bloodied by bird shot from the shotgun, fled the home to a waiting pickup truck being driven by the fourth accomplice. The pickup truck wound up at Vanderbilt University Medical Center. The two wounded men received medical treatment. The two others were detained by Vanderbilt officers and subsequently arrested by Metro police.

The investigation by Detectives Charles McEachron, Bill Stewart and Joseph Haislip shows that Flaco Camacho, Dorian Guzman, 28, and Oliver Rodriguez, 32, were armed with pistols and used a crowbar to break into the residence. When they approached the bedroom area, the female resident, who was home with her physically challenged husband, fired at the suspects one time with her shotgun. Camacho was hit by pellets in the face. Part of his right index finger was also shot off. Camacho remains hospitalized. Guzman was hit in the chest. He has been treated and released from the hospital. Diaz was not injured. Neither was the driver of the getaway truck, Marlon Rameriz, 26.

The investigation into potential other crimes committed by the four is continuing.

Rodriguez, who also uses the name Edwin Diaz Beltran, is jailed in lieu of $95,000 bond.

Rameriz, who also uses the name Jesus Matute-Castro, is jailed in lieu of $85,000 bond.

Guzman is jailed in lieu of $80,000 bond.

Camacho will be jailed upon his discharge from the hospital.

It sounds like the right things are happening: The good people are not injured, the bad people are injured and in police custody.

I wonder why this family was singled out by these perpetrators? It's necessary to know so others can avoid the trouble. Did they repair the roof or care for the lawn? Or what?

Guest TackleberryTom

That is awesome to hear about. I am so glad that she was able to defend herself and her husband. It certainly would have been better if it had been buckshot and a 12ga. But, something is better than nothing. If this happened more often I would guess that robberies would probably start going down in number. Especially if more of them ended up in the morgue instead of jail.

Her street is about 30 min from home and about 10 min from where I worked for almost 2 years. 'We salute you home-invader shooter lady'. Just once I wish the news would run a bit on this during the evening lineup every 30 min and tell people to go their website and find links to information to protect yourself at home with the purchase of a new firearm and where to receive training in its use. If it was a story of the risk of inhalation of some obscure paint color with trace amounts of lead they would be telling you to Logon to our website find out which 3 lot/batch numbers 'MAY BE PUTTING YOUR CHILDREN AND PETS AT RISK!! Like us on Facebook.'

• 2 weeks later...