Sign in everytime

Guest Gopher6

Guest Gopher6

If signing in everytime I visit this site is going to become the standard procedure, I'm going to dump this site.

There, your want me to post somethhig, this is it.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To remember you, the site has to save a cookie. You must have this blocked, or the new site, due to the migration, is no longer in your list of sites allowed to save them, or you beefed up security (IE is known to reset your security after a patch, as well), or whatever. The site keeps me logged in until I delete my cookies, which I do regularly, but this issue is 100% a problem with your local computer's settings or automatic cleanups or the like.

I just clicked on the Remember Me box, and when my browser asked if I wanted it to remember the password I said yes. I only registered yesterday, so I am totally new, but I have not had to sign in again. Do you have "cookies" disabled on your computer?

If signing in everytime I visit this site is going to become the standard procedure, I'm going to dump this site.

There, your want me to post somethhig, this is it.

yeah like typing in Gopher6 and some password is such a hassle. What do you do if you have to make a phone call that isn't in your phone already?

yeah like typing in Gopher6 and some password is such a hassle. What do you do if you have to make a phone call that isn't in your phone already?

If they ain't in my phone, I don't call 'em. With that said, I'm really gonna miss Gopher6.

All my computers, as well as my phone log into TGO automatically. I've had to reset it a couple of times lately, but it always works.

Guest Gopher6

I don't sign out or delete cookies and I run AT&T furnished McAfee anti virus but since the the changes were made, this has became a problem. The other 8 to 10 gun related sites I visit don't give me this problem.

Guest eyebedam

Im haveing to log in everytime also, but only from my computer & its only on this forum. I stayed logged on from my iphone.

• Administrator
I don't sign out or delete cookies and I run AT&T furnished McAfee anti virus but since the the changes were made, this has became a problem. The other 8 to 10 gun related sites I visit don't give me this problem.

Delete all of your TGO cookies from your computer and try again. If you have something conflicting in your browser's cookie cache, that could be causing the problem.

Based on your initial comment, however, I am pretty sure we won't miss you much if you decide to just give up on TGO entirely and resort to the other 8 or 9 gun sites you visit frequently. Just let me know if that's the way you want to proceed and I'll make a rare exception to policy and delete your account for you.

;)

when I got the droid that was my option. it took me a while to figure out how to access the keypad

I'm lucky. I have an account on an Exchange server, and my phone sync's with it. So, if I need to add a contact, I do it in Outlook and it just shows up on my phone. Been doing it that way for years. I have lost the ability to remember phone numbers. It's either lack of practice, or too much beer

If I close Firefox, then I have to sign in again. Otherwise no problems.

I have found that with Firefox, it makes a diff WHERE you login.

Try doing it from tngunowners.com/forums (and check "remember me") rather than from the base URL of simply tngunowners.com

And then always re-enter at tngunowners.com/forums

- OS

Guest Broomhead
I have found that with Firefox, it makes a diff WHERE you login.

Try doing it from tngunowners.com/forums (and check "remember me") rather than from the base URL of simply tngunowners.com

And then always re-enter at tngunowners.com/forums

- OS

I'll try that. It doesn't bother me though. It happens just about everywhere for me. I'm used to it. The User ID and Password fields auto-populate when I click on them, so its not a big deal.

Definitely not enough of an issue to leave the forum over. I'm on here several times a day, usually, and its definitely not a problem.