Reccomend a .22 rifle

Sean

I have had a 10/22, 572, and a 597. They are all incredibly fun, but I loved the 572 the best, just because it was a pump which made it even more fun. Regardless of what you pick I think you will have tons of fun with it.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

, ruger10-22tacticaltarget.jpg[/img]010.jpg[/img]005.jpg[/img]sig522.jpg[/img]008.jpgRuger Ruger10-22 Tac/Target, Ruger 10-22 Custom, Rem 572, Sig 522, S&W MP22 There all fun guns in their way. Now looking for a lever action and a bolt action to add to the collection. It never ends!

Edited by crossfire

10/22 hands down. best reliability,accuracy,accessories,ease of cleaning/disassembly. I have owned most of them and shot all of them.

The Marlin 60 is a good gun but they hate Blazer ammo if you're cheap.I'd rather have an old Remington Nylon 66 than the Marlin. The Ruger will keep on shooting. I will never sell my 10/22!

Plus it uses the same magazines as my 77/22.

CZ bolt actions are amazing and so are the Henry lever actions.

My Model 60 probably have 5000 rounds through it and still shoots anything that I put in it. My son is trying to claim it now... but he'll have to wait until Dad is through playing with it. I've kept it bone stock as that's the way I like it!

If I were going to dress one up, I'll buy at 10/22. It'll probably be my next gun purchase anyway if I don't find a nice shotgun to play dress up with.

Guest msparks

I have a Marlin 795 that I picked up new a couple years ago for about $100. Marlin was running a promotion on it.

Great little rifle, very accurate right out of the box.

FYI. The 795 is the brother to the Model 60, except it's magazine fed and comes with a black synthetic stock. I like the magazine fed ones especially when shooting with kids. One person can be loading while the other is shooting. Or if you have mulitple kids they all get to load their own.

Edited by msparks
  • 4 weeks later...

Well my birthday is in a week. The wife asked if I wanted a rifle or tickets to go to Charlotte to see the Titans/Panthers game. Ill be honest Im stuck. A weekend away with a group of friends in Charlotte and get to see the Titans play or a .22 rifle. Crap.

Well my birthday is in a week. The wife asked if I wanted a rifle or tickets to go to Charlotte to see the Titans/Panthers game. Ill be honest Im stuck. A weekend away with a group of friends in Charlotte and get to see the Titans play or a .22 rifle. Crap.

I think the answer's gonna be obvious on a gun forum... :)

I can't believe I'm saying this, but; Go to the game. When your wife sets up something that you can do together, it's best to choose that option. This is one of those times that you need to remember that it's a partnership. Go have fun with wife and friends.

Save your pennies and get the rifle with your personal money. Or, maybe you can get it for Christmas. Only another 12 weeks.

TRAP!

What does your wife want you to do?

You are being tested, my friend. We are always being tested. It's possible the choice is not between a rifle and a game. It's more likely that the choice is between "spending time with your wife" or not spending time with your wife.

Choose wisely. If your wife and mutual friends would be going to the game as well, then she can "show you off" while you are spending time with your wife. Or if she shoots too, then the rifle could represent spending time with your wife.

Before actually making the decision, you might want to take her out to a movie and dinner at a nice restaurant and "discuss" the choice in depth, with references to spending time with her. If you pass "the test" then you might get the gun, get the game AND get lucky . . . .

And of course, make no references to "the test." Epic Fail.

We're all pulling for you!

:);):D:)

Edited by QuietDan
Haha. I've got XX .22s in the safe. I can play with those all year long. Football season is short my friend! and I haven't been to a game in three years. I'm jonesin'!

And... you swore off buying any new guns this year. Some of us are watching you :D. Me... I can watch the Titans lose on TV. :)

Im probably gonna go with the trip. My buddies are expecting us to go anyways. I cant watch the games on tv but maybe 2 a year. Another plus, my friends are Carolina fans so going to a game like this is big.

And... you swore off buying any new guns this year. Some of us are watching you :koolaid:. Me... I can watch the Titans lose on TV. :koolaid:

First, I've been true to my word so far this year. I haven't bought any new guns since I said that. I've only bought accessories, tax stamps and a safe.

Second, I want that AR-7. Might have to order me one next year.