talk some sense into me (about Rossi ranchhand)

THneo

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin Team

This thread is kind of like asking the guy on the next barstool to talk you out of having another one. You're asking the wrong people! :poop:

They may be of limited practical use, but having fun and enjoying it is certainly worth something. Plus, they're still in limited enough supply that you ought to be able to recoup a good bit of your investment should you de die to sell it.

Whatever makes you happy. If you gotta have, Have it! Rossi has really released some new stuff lately. This, the revolver rifle/shotgun, and now they have a Revolver/Leveraction/long gun hybrid. Now is that a weirdo or what.

circuit_judge_lever-tfb.jpg

See What happens when you leave your Revolver and lever action alone in a dark gunsafe too long
Whatever makes you happy. If you gotta have, Have it! Rossi has really released some new stuff lately. This, the revolver rifle/shotgun, and now they have a Revolver/Leveraction/long gun hybrid. Now is that a weirdo or what.

circuit_judge_lever-tfb.jpg

Now I have GOT to get me one of them!

- Gun Owners Club! - A Place for Gun Enthusiasts

Proceed with caution...I've never been brave enough to put together a deal from there. I'd much rather keep it in the family so to speak, here at TGO. Talk to a vendor here. They'll hook you up.

I've had good luck here. You have to watch the yahoos who try to overprice. When I was working in Cookeville I several deals with local LEO all seem to be great guys. You might run across a smarta** every so often, but isn't that life in general ?

I want one now that I've seen em. As long as I get the .38 Spl./.357 Mag one I'll be in good shape. Would be a blast at the range. The Circuit Judge I've wanted ever since I handled it at a gunshow. I need a nice .410 so why not!

I snatched one up from D&T a few months ago while I was in there picking up a few other impractical guns (according to my wife). I was in there to pick up a Puma 92 in .454 and a Ruger Super Redhawk in .454 and saw the Ranchhand in .45lc on the shelf so I had Dave throw that one in the pile as well. It is a blast to shoot, to me it doesn't matter how practical it is as long at it's a joy to shoot. I didn't grow up watching Steve McQueen, Dad grew me up on John Wayne more than anything. I've got my revolvers in all different calibers and a few lever actions but I still prefer to shoot my Ranchhand. It's an attention grabber and the .45lc had little to no kick out of it, atleast for me.

One little thing though, I took it to MCSC and I was told that I can't shoot it on the pistol range because it was a carbine that fired a round bigger than a .22. I told the RSO that it was a pistol and he didn't believe me and asked what it was and who made it. Since he didn't know what it was he asked me to take it to the rifle range. I did as I was asked and proceeded to pull out the Super Redhawk and let that little guy breathe some fire.

I say get one, you'll enjoy it.

Thanks guys. you're right, I am asking the wrong crowd.....No one on TGO is ever going to talk someone out of buying more guns! Grew up with Westerns, so have a special place for lever action. Going to have to get one. Let you know how fun it is...