You're asleep & backdoor glass breaks...

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why, of course I'd just invoke the Brady Bill and that would summon unicorns and faeries to ride down the rainbow bridge and leap to my aid. Any weapons the intruders might have would be turned to bouquets of daisies, they'd see the error of their ways and we'd all sit down to have a good laugh together over milk and cookies. I guess someone should call 911 so the police could come and have milk and cookies, too - although the police are so darned busy keeping everyone safe and happy that the cookies might be starting to cool by the time they arrive.

Seriously, though, I keep a 4-inch .357 revolver...um...somewhere accessible... and it is kept holstered in a large waistpack (fanny pack or whatever you want to call it) along with a flashlight and two speedloaders so I can strap the whole setup on very quickly - or simply pull out the revolver. My house shoes (which are a cloth 'sebago' style with pretty good, hard rubber soles rather than a style that will easily slip around on my feet, etc.) are kept where my feet pretty much hit them when I sit up in bed. If I have time to get it, there is also a shotgun with a mounted weapon light that is accessible to someone who knows where to look (and I ain't sayin' where.) I'd have my wife call 911. Beyond that, while I trust my fellow forum members, I don't feel comfortable posting any more detail of my plan on a public website.

Edited by JAB
Guest Victor9er
I have a 'NO GUNS Allowed' sign on my back door, so I don't have to worry about anyone coming in with a gun, right? I hear it works at resturants...

I think I'll do that too, they obviously work....I don't know why everyone doesn't do this...

;)

what is your plan, what are your go to items, gunsafe, nightstand, flashlight, trained attack cats, etc?

via EPIC4G SRF1.1.0 by Android Creative Syndicate

Every door, window and open space in my house, including the garage, is monitored by my alarm system; at night, my alarm is set to go off instantly if tripped. If by chance someone got in without tripping the alarm I can manually initiate an alarm from my remote that I always have with me, especially at night in my bedroom. Aside from that, it's pretty likely that my hound is going to know, and let me know, if someone is around long before they ever get into the house (she's a pretty good early warning system).

Once I know the alarm has sent it's signal; if I have have time I'll also call 911 directly - after that, anyone in my house who decides to come down the hallway toward my bedroom is going to be facing either my SCAR or my 12Ga Pump backed up by one of my handguns (which at night is likely going to be my Glock 20).

In other words, my plan is to notify law enforcement and defend my "safe room" until the police get there.

EDIT: I guess I should add that my situation is fairly simply compared to many here...I live alone save for the basset hound and a cat...no wife/children to worry about and nothing really valuable (or easy to carry out) in the front rooms of the house. Plus, there is no way for anyone to get to my safe or more valuable belongings without being in the line of file down the hallway leading to/from the master bedroom.

I take great care in making my house "unattractive" as a target but if anyone breaks in anyway they are probably not going to leave happy. :)

Edited by RobertNashville
Guest capt usa

.45 ACP with extra mag hanging on the side of the bed along with a .38 snub and flashlight. Blue Heeler guarding the hallway, wife backing me up. Using anothers quote "Somebodies picked the wrong house".

Well, I've had it happen. Not exactly the back glass but 3am I hear the awfulest crash coming from the kitchen (not back of the house) area. I grabbed my Cougar loaded with 180g JHP gold dots, flashlight and stuck an extra mag in a shorts (uncomfortable but works) and proceeded to check the alarm (no alarm activation since no glass break, which has been corrected), my wife right on my heels even though I told he to stay put, I come around the corner to find....................................................

Pile of dishes had fell out of the cabinet. Crap, lost a dozen or so dishes, bunch of scratches on my hard wood floor, and no sleep the rest of the night. After cleaning up the glass I was still charged so I could not get back to sleep.

No dog, cats don't care who comes and goes as long as someone feeds them, good alarm on a cell phone with very quick response from the central office.

:(

So... you kinda like... leave your doors unlocked and hope someone breaks in, eh?

people-under-the-stairs-gimp-2.jpg

So TGO David,

Between this and the claymore's in the hallway with the dual clackers on the nightstand, you're kind of a little . . . twisted . . . in your humor, aren't you? I'm still laughing at that one . . .

In San Antonio, the little thugs scope out the neighborhoods in three person teams. One to drive the Cheby and two to carry. They cruise slowly down the street around three in the afternoon, when homeowner couples are usually still at work and the kids aren't back from school yet. They look for houses with no cars in the driveway, ring the doorbell, and if no answer, kick the door in. The alarms go off, but they've got three or four minutes to grab the LCD TV, mom's designer handbag, and the kids' PS3.

There are folks who are SORELY TEMPTED to park their car down the street and sit quietly in the living room in the lay-z-boy recliner with a buckshot 12 gauge and wait for the door to be kicked in.

"I don't know officer, I was just sitting here in the dark with the telebision off and enjoying a little personal time with my shotty and all of a sudden these two scary perp'trators appeared out of nowhere. I was a-feared for my life, officer, I'm truly heartbroken that they had to be offed like that. Sad to say, but I'm sure they were once good boys 'bout to straighten their lives out and their mothers loved them . . . "

In San Antonio, the officer would probably say, "I could see where you'd be a-feared for your life, kind Sir, and it looks like a clean cut Castle Doctrine case to me, and it's a good thing too 'cause it's a lot less paperwork for me."

Edited by QuietDan
  • Administrator
So TGO David,

Between this and the claymore's in the hallway with the dual clackers on the nightstand, you're kind of a little . . . twisted . . . in your humor, aren't you? I'm still laughing at that one . . .

Guilty as charged. :)

I got nothing fancy like you guys. Remington 870 12-ga with 6 rounds of 00 buckshot, TLR-3 LED flashlight that used to attach to a pistol but the clip broke, still nice and bright though. I doubt the cat would be much good, and I'm allergic to dogs. If I run outta ammo it will be up to the wife to mop up with her .357.

I got nothing fancy like you guys. Remington 870 12-ga with 6 rounds of 00 buckshot, TLR-3 LED flashlight that used to attach to a pistol but the clip broke, still nice and bright though. I doubt the cat would be much good, and I'm allergic to dogs. If I run outta ammo it will be up to the wife to mop up with her .357.

if you call up Streamlight they will fix it for you. They are known to have great customer service. It's worth doing IMO.

Guest coldblackwind

Leap up buck naked and screaming, with a draco pistol with a drum in either hand, and begin emptying them randomly through the walls in every direction until the bullets run out. Figured if they survive I've likely cured them of the urge :screwy: