Gun Owners Club Ad

Farman

Saw this ad in GOC this morning. Someone in the Nashville area needs to check it out as the asking price is half of the prices on Gunbroker. He's asking $800.....

The ad is towards the bottom of page 2

Colt Python 6' Stainless Steel

description

Like New in Box Colt python 6" stainless steel, Goes with box, manual, papers and extra ammos. It is in excellent condition and has no wear or tear.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If that’s a legitimate ad, I’m sure that was gone within minutes of posting it; that is an extremely good buy.

I hope someone got it that truly wanted it instead of someone that will just post it back up at $2K.

But a lot of those “too good to be true†ads on there are to harvest email information and phone numbers.

Definitely a scammer! The zip code is Houston TX. When you reply to him with a "I'll take it", he'll ask you to send him a MO or cashiers check and he will mail it to you. He doesn't even have the gun, just steals the pic and text from another sale site. I've been through this with several of those "too good to be true" ads on there.

Evidently theres a guy on there that causes problems all the time. I don't follow it that closely but he's got nick name mikie or something. He emails insults if your trying to sell something. He changes his name for time to time.Some of the patrons of GOC post some of the emails . Could be the same guy. Suppose to be unable to even purchase a weapon. I don't know the reason age? felon?

I don't think this is Mike's style. He usually will contact you with an offer on a gun for sale and when you respond, he now has your email address and pelts you with obscenities.

These scammers are usually out of state and just find a nice pistol on Gunbroker or GunsAmerica, copy the ad word for word, and ask about half what the gun is worth. When you reply, they try to get you to send them the money. I've discovered and reported several to the GOC admins. They always delete the ad and ban the user.

If an ad looks too good, do this. Copy a phrase from the middle of the ad. Paste it into Google and search. You will usually find the original ad that was pirated.