Book Recommendations

This comes up from time to time...I thought I'd list some that I recommend.
While I don't agree with everything 100% in the "technique" books (I never do), they're all excellent on their respective topics.

Mindset
LEADERSHIP AND TRAINING FOR THE FIGHT by Paul Howe
EQUAL OR GREATER FORCE by Kit Cessna
ON COMBAT by Dave Grossman
PRINCIPLES OF PERSONAL DEFENSE by Jeff Cooper
THE COMBATIVE PERSPECTIVE by Gabe Suarez
FACING VIOLENCE by Rory Miller

Technique
COMBATIVE FUNDAMENTALS by Jeff Gonzales
HANDGUN COMBATIVES by Dave Spaulding
THE BOOK OF TWO GUNS by Tiger McKee
GREEN EYES AND BLACK RIFLES by Kyle Lamb
STAY IN THE FIGHT by Kyle Lamb
COMBAT FOCUS SHOOTING by Rob Pincus (2010 edition only, much improved over the 1st edition)

Edited by TN-popo

Mindset

PRINCIPLES OF PERSONAL DEFENSE
by Jeff Cooper

Technique

THE BOOK OF TWO GUNS
by Tiger McKee

GREEN EYES AND BLACK RIFLES
by Kyle Lamb

I have these 3 and have read them all at least twice. I am making my way through Tigers' book for the 3rd time. Each time I read it something else clicks and makes sense.

Tiger is an interesting dude. I've only taken 2 classes from him but I have more notes from those 2 classes than I do from all the others combined.

• 1 year later...

All the books by Rory Miller are good-Facing Violence, Meditations on Violence, and The Little Black Book on Violence

Loved Facing Violence (obviously), but I didn't get much out of Meditations on Violence.

BTW, Rory Miller didn't write The Little Black Book on Violence...he just wrote a foreward in it.

Edited by TN-popo
Guest KCampbell

hmm have you checked out any books by Joe Nobody? So far I've enjoyed all of them...

No but I would really like to.I heard a interview with him on The Survival Podcast with Jack Spirco.I was kinda disappointed when the interview ended it was good stuff.! 

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...

"Straight Talk on Armed Defense," edited by Massad Ayoob. 

Most, on this forum, understand the principles.  But, I learned that using targets that look like humans actually helps overcome the reluctance to shoot someone (when required and under stress.)  I liked most of the book, but was helped most by memory and decision making under stress.

"The Law of Self Defense" Andrew Branca

• 5 years later...