Swhacker Broadheads?

Guest Bronker

Guest Bronker

With a name like 'Swhacker', it HAS to be good!

I picked some 100 gr. heads up today, just to try. As with anything else, if you look long enough, you can find 'authorities' that say they are junk, and 'authorities' that say they are they best heads that ever struck the market. Seems to all depend on endorsements.

Anyway. Anyone with real-life experience with these heads? Especially anyone who has actually harvested animals with them?

I'm coming from the plain-Jane Muzzy fixed-blade heads, and am not typically one to follow the latest 'Rage':cool:

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest adamoxtwo

I use Mechanical F-15 Blades and they are amazing! It looks like a .45 JHP exit wound. They make a fixed version as well and they destroy deer. My 5 year old daughter was 2 for 2 tracking after hitting with these. Awesome trail!

I shoot 100 grain swackers great broad heads. They cut gashes in what ever they go through, and leave great blood trails. I've shot these for the past two years, you won't be disappointed.

Guest adamoxtwo
I shoot 100 grain swackers great broad heads. They cut gashes in what ever they go through, and leave great blood trails. I've shot these for the past two years, you won't be disappointed.

I may have to look into them.....

No experience with swackers. I did use a head that was similar in design years ago. I didn't have good results with them. My concern with the design of the swacker and other similar heads is the long "point" before you reach the cutting surface AND the wide "perpendicular" blades. I am sure that they will kill deer well, so long as you have lots of KE with your bow setup. Much like the Rage, they require lots of force to push the wide cutting surface through, but if you have the energy, then they leave huge holes.

I don't have enough draw length to get high KE, so I have to choose heads that will push through easier. I have been using short tipped mechanicals like the Rocket Steelheads and Wasp JakHammers but this year I am going to try the Magnus Stingers.

You got to have a lisp to say "Swhacker" correctly. ;)

Or a mouthful of marbles...

As for kinetic energy, I'm doing a 32" draw length, 63 lb draw weight, 340 gr arrows and 100gr heads. That should be enough KE.

I want to know more about those broadheads. I have some mechanical (I forget what brand) broadheads that I'm going to use on turkeys this year. I may look into "Shwacker" for use on deer. Are they available local or do I need to order them?

Guest GunTroll

I was born in coastal SC. Moved out west when I was 12. Moved here from CO. Before that GA. Before that WY,GA,CA back to SC when I was twelve and left in the first place.

Hank Parker is from NC. Seems like a swell guy.

MO has good deer and I have land to hunt there. Been very lucky this far. I like their QDM approach too!

Wish I could get into archery. Keep buying gunsmithing tools instead. I'll just keep with centerfire rifles for the time being.

We up to speed now?

Back to Swhacker :P

I want to know more about those broadheads. I have some mechanical (I forget what brand) broadheads that I'm going to use on turkeys this year. I may look into "Shwacker" for use on deer. Are they available local or do I need to order them?

Swhackers are even available at most Walmarts

What you need is the...

Slow motion at the 3:25 mark.

The Turkey Guillotine...

guillotine-back-_sm.jpg