Son just got in trouble for not answering a teachers question on if we own guns!

Sweetwater High School

Teachers name is xxxxxxxxxxxxx, she asked them this afternoon in a form if they have drugs in the household and he answered no, and then she asked if we have guns in the household and he wouldn't answer and then finally after being pressured repeatedly he told her it was none of her damn business.

I hope i get called to school, he is 17 for another 2 months so i still get called for his trouble.

What do i need to be fully prepared for the fight other then a copy of the 2nd amendment????

Edited by MacGyver
Post is just as relevant without specific personal references
  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweetwater High School

Teachers name is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, she asked them this afternoon in a form if they have drugs in the household and he answered no, and then she asked if we have guns in the household and he wouldn't answer and then finally after being pressured repeatedly he told her it was none of her damn business.

I hope i get called to school, he is 17 for another 2 months so i still get called for his trouble.

What do i need to be fully prepared for the fight other then a copy of the 2nd amendment????

That's a good question. I would probably do something belligerent and ask them if they had sex toys in their home and demand that they answer.

Seriously though, I would just tell them what you have in your home, whether it's guns, drugs, nuclear weapons, is none of their business until they produce a warrant. What? They're not law enforcement? Oh, sucks to be them, doesn't it?

By the way, kudos to your son. He is the man!

Edited by MacGyver
redacting OP

I told him for years if you want to keep what you have, from guns to xbox's, no one needs to know what you have. One of his friends had his house broken into and his stuff stolen a few years back and i asked him if the guy bragged about what he had at school and he said yes.

And i explained you never know who is listening and the meaning stuck.

Sweetwater High SchoolTeachers name is xxxxxxxxxxxxx, she asked them this afternoon in a form if they have drugs in the household and he answered no, and then she asked if we have guns in the household and he wouldn't answer and then finally after being pressured repeatedly he told her it was none of her damn business.I hope i get called to school, he is 17 for another 2 months so i still get called for his trouble.What do i need to be fully prepared for the fight other then a copy of the 2nd amendment????
There was a case similar to this with doctors asking about guns, some really good discussions and info might be found looking at that topic with a google. You go in there and tell them the kid did no wrong, the teacher is crossing a line, and if it happens again you and other concerned parents will take action against the school. That will put an end to it.
Guest nicemac

A friend of mine at church said they were in their pediatricians office this past week and during the exam, the doctor asked if they had one dangerous thing and then another in the house–you know, do you have chemicals locked up, child locks, etc…and finally, "do you have any guns?"

She sat there blank and he repeated "Do you have guns in the house?" She finally felt pressured to answer and after a long pause, blurted out "YES!"

After she got out of the office, she got mad and the family has decided to change pediatricians. It put the rest of us to thinking about how to answer though. "None of your business!"

Guest bkelm18
Don't forget the 4th and 5th amendments...

And when appropriate, name and shame the teacher - this crap needs to be stopped.

I don't understand why you don't post the teacher's name? Should be no problem since it is factual.

We need to know who these constitution haters are.

He did post the name. Mods edited it out. No need to splash it all over the net.

Guest Bronker

Keep in mind, simply put, for now at least it is perfectly legal to own guns and keep them in your home.

What they have done is an invasion of privacy, so don't feel compelled to protect theirs.

If he actually said "none of your damn business," I would expect trouble to follow. A simple "I decline to answer" would have been more appropriate ... then he didn't do anything wrong and if he got in trouble you would have a complaint. "Im not comfortable answering that" would be another option. "Please contact my parents if that is a problem."

I absolutely agree this should be off limits... but you can't curse at your teacher without trouble. Good luck whatever your next step is... but be professional in your argument, it will go much further than attitude will. I probably just would have answered no and been done with it.

If he actually said "none of your damn business," I would expect trouble to follow. A simple "I decline to answer" would have been more appropriate ... then he didn't do anything wrong and if he got in trouble you would have a complaint. "Im not comfortable answering that" would be another option. "Please contact my parents if that is a problem."

I absolutely agree this should be off limits... but you can't curse at your teacher without trouble. Good luck whatever your next step is... but be professional in your argument, it will go much further than attitude will. I probably just would have answered no and been done with it.

I have to agree with this. I was assuming that the "none of your damn business" response was embellished for effect. If he used those exact words, then that's not good.