Not a fan of Paypal

Guest adamoxtwo

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest adamoxtwo
Like I said, sorry. There is no rational reason to refuse to use Paypal as you aren't even required to have a Paypal account to do so. Paypal is the only method so, that's pretty much that.

If that's all you take that's fine. However, I think that me not wanting to give my account information to Paypal (which I do not trust because of Cyber Concerns) is a Rational thought and think your ignorance to that is offensive. Like You said that's pretty much it. If you ever change your policy I would be more then willing to pay for a membership.

Thanks

Guest eyebedam
If that's all you take that's fine. However, I think that me not wanting to give my account information to Paypal (which I do not trust because of Cyber Concerns) is a Rational thought and think your ignorance to that is offensive. Like You said that's pretty much it. If you ever change your policy I would be more then willing to pay for a membership.

Thanks

If you want to purchase a membership if DAvids down with it you can mail me a check or MO & once it clears Ill paypal the payment for you. I dont have any issues with PP I just think they try to have to much control.

• Administrator

Just keep in mind there is no automated system for that and it will have to be done manually by me. If you (Eyebedam) use the automated system, it will apply it to your account and not his.

While I try to keep on top of things, there could easily be delays with the way that I've been having to work lately.

Until someone comes up with a reputable, reliable alternative to PayPal, that is all we will use here. Obviously this doesn't please everyone, but I stopped trying to do that a long time ago.

Guest eyebedam
Just keep in mind there is no automated system for that and it will have to be done manually by me. If you (Eyebedam) use the automated system, it will apply it to your account and not his.

While I try to keep on top of things, there could easily be delays with the way that I've been having to work lately.

Until someone comes up with a reputable, reliable alternative to PayPal, that is all we will use here. Obviously this doesn't please everyone, but I stopped trying to do that a long time ago.

David,

I didnt even think of that. I'll do whatever you want, if you would just rather it not be done thats cool or if you just want me to put in the notes who its for & you do it manually thats cool to. Just lmk how to proceed, I was just trying to find a way to get it done.

• Administrator

Nope, if you're ok with it just be sure to do it as a manual payment and put a note in my PM box about it.

That said, I think it's a little silly that it is OK for you to "risk" fraud but not the OP. And I've been using PayPal since they started and I've never had anything fraudulent happen so I feel pretty confident saying it's a safe process to use. But anyway, we're good to go if you are.

Guest adamoxtwo

eyebedam, Thank you for offing to help me. Although some people feel that it is silly for you to take a risk I am not willing to take and use a passive agressive approach to this I have decided that I will not seek a membership. I was wanting to list a couple firearms for sale, but I don't have to sell them and if I really want to I can find other ways to look for buyers.

Being a Veteran of the armed forces and having served two tours in Iraq I do not appreciate the condescending approach by TGO David. I understand that he is a founder of this site, a site which I think is great because it has allowed me to meet and make some really great friends, but I do not think that entitles him to act the way he does toward people.

So eyebedam I think for your offer to help but I will respectfully decline.

• Administrator

Being a Veteran of the armed forces and having served two tours in Iraq I do not appreciate the condescending approach by TGO David. I understand that he is a founder of this site, a site which I think is great because it has allowed me to meet and make some really great friends, but I do not think that entitles him to act the way he does toward people.

You know, I wasn't going to touch this but it irritates me. The above has nothing to do with anything going on in this conversation. Further, the "Well that sucks" comment pretty much set the tone for the way things went and I would like to point out that I remained, in my opinion, professional about this while you kept trying to turn it into something it wasn't.

TGO is not an enterprise. I do not have a fleet of people making sure the machine runs. It's all me and a handful of volunteers. If the server craps itself, that's on me and me alone to fix. In the past I have tried to be a one-man-band selling hats, stickers, shirts, swag... you name it. Every single time there's been one person who wanted to throw a wrench in the works with the statement "Well if it came in this color..." or "If you offered this size..." or "If you accepted this payment..."

IF should be a four letter word. IF my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle. Accepting PayPal as the only means of payment has worked well for my ability to streamline the process and keep it manageable. I'm sorry that conflicts with your personal stance against them as a company or their perceived politics, but it is what it is.

Again, sorry that we could not come together on this and sorry that as a veteran of two tours in Iraq, the unwavering stance of a forum admin has offended you to this degree. I wouldn't have expected that, but people surprise the hell out me from time to time.

• Administrator

Oh, and I'm unlocking the thread in case you feel that I'm being unfair and using a locked thread to voice my opinion on this matter is an abuse of power. I probably shouldn't have locked it in the first place but frankly I get tired of having some conversations.

Guest adamoxtwo

First of all, if you detected a "Tone" from me that was not my intent. I wanted a Membership me refusing to use Paypal will not allow that to happen and that Sir is what sucks not your policy. So I apologize for not better explaining myself. However, If I do not like giving my personal information to an institution that is not a bank and can freeze or deduct assets without notification I think is a plenty rational reason to me anyways. If someone else offers to help because they don't have a problem using that service your comments about silly are passive aggressive and frankly does not concern you. However, this is "Your House" so to speak and I will respect that fact. However, I don't think that entitles you to act in this manner. Before you start attacking someone's views because you misunderstood something maybe you should first seek understanding.

I completely understand that you do not have a staff. And I can only imagine the time and effort that you put into this site and I do appreciate it. However, I still think that you need to treat people with respect. So that Sir is what irritated me. It was your stance not the policies of this site that I find disrespectful.

• Administrator

I am not sure where you get the idea that I was being disrespectful from the statements that I made but whatever. We've come to a point where emotion is ruling one side of this discussion so we're probably not going to get anywhere. Tell you what, I'll just comp you a Benefactor status for a month so you can sell whatever it is you have to sell.

Proof that I'm really a jerk.

Guest adamoxtwo

I appreciate the offer, but that's not necessary. I do not like receiving anything that I haven't earned or paid for. That's just me. I will chalk this up as two people who misunderstood each other.

And if you need help with things like apparel and all I can recommend some great folks in Bon Aqua that own Online Personalization and will do anything at very very low prices.

I have used paypal for years but I have had money in the account only once. I received a payment for a part and then used it to pay something else a week or two later. Any time I need to use it I enter my CC info and then it runs just like any other site. I do not attach my bank info or carry a balance. Just sayin.

Guest adamoxtwo
I have used paypal for years but I have had money in the account only once. I received a payment for a part and then used it to pay something else a week or two later. Any time I need to use it I enter my CC info and then it runs just like any other site. I do not attach my bank info or carry a balance. Just sayin.

I believe this issue was resolved already.

Guest Spurhunter

If you like, I can make some REALLY cool aluminum foil hats, just supply your head size and I can make it quick.

Thanks