Cheatham WMA Firing Range is where?

TerryW

Guys, I've done a TGO search, I swear. But I can find directions to the Cheatham WMA Firing Range. I can find direction from Ashland City but can't find a physical address or and intersection. I live near Dickson and don't want to drive east of the range to use the only directions I can find. I've been there but it was years ago and I remember using crossroads to find it. I've tried the phone number listed and can't get any answer when I call.

Anybody got any ideas?

Thank you!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

From Dickson, go to White Bluff and take Hwy 250 (called Petway Road , at least in Cheatham County) to Griffintown Road. There's a fire tower on the left and the small market I mentioned on the right. Turn right on Griffintown Road to Headquarters Road (on the WMA). The range is on the left before you reach the headquarters area.

If the attached link works, follow down the roads and you can see the range in the photo: Yahoo! Maps, Driving Directions, and Traffic

"CHEATHAM WMA

Randy Cromer (615/792-4510)

From Ashland City, take Hwy 49 toward Charlotte. Cross the river and continue four miles to Hwy. 250. Turn left onto Hwy 250 and go four miles to the WMA entrance, on your left. The check station is three miles from the entrance and maps are outside the check station. The firing range is on the left before you get to the check station and is open noon until dark daily."

You will need to buy a range ticket from TWRA agent. They are available in Ashland City at Walmart. I usually get mine from a small market on Hwy 49 before the turn onto Hwy 250. There's also a market near the entrance to the WMA that sells them. Don't expect any "luxury" at the range, no "facilities", no rangemaster, etc. It's just a place to shoot at 25, 50 & 100 yds. Without supervision there, I've heard stories about things that happen but I've never had any issues. Everyone seems pretty good about working together.

Edited by WindHawk
Reread original message

Here's how I'd go from Dickson:

East on 70 to White Bluff

Left onto Hwy 47 (Charles Speight Hwy)

Split Right onto Hwy 250 (Claylick Rd)

Come up Hwy 250 into CWMA, then right onto Griffintown road. That's right by Grumpy's market if it's still there. It's a really sharp right, almost a full U-turn onto Griffintown Rd.

Split left onto Headquarters Rd and the range is on the left.

Thanks Wind. I have those directions. I'm thinking the range is West of Ashland City like I am. I guess I need to go to Ashland City first and drive back to the range from there.

Directions from anywhere else must not be possible. "Can't get there from here." :-0

Thank you Monkey!