Anyone else having page loading delays?

Raoul

I've also notice the TR ads being slow to load (FireFox 6.0.2), though I can't say it happens any specific time of day. Sometimes I have issues in the morning, sometimes later in the day. Otherwise, I've not noticed TGO being particularly slow. If anything, the new server/software seems to go marginally faster. My work web connection comes through Canada, if that matters.

I gave up surfing in the evenings (5pm-10pm) due to everything being horribly slow. I always assumed it was just my connection at home and/or bandwidth issues as tons of people get home from work and fire up the web.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator

I noticed one period last night where it seemed to take a little longer than normal to do a "What's New" search but there was nothing showing in the performance logs at the time. It did not seem to be related to the Tactical Republic ads, or at least I did not see that in the browser. I'm going to dig a little today as I have time.

• Administrator

I made some minor tweaks to the server today in an effort to remove anything that might be slowing down page loads on the database side. So far it doesn't seem any faster than it ever was, but it also doesn't seem slow at all. Not sure that what I did helped any but it certainly didn't hurt.

I made some minor tweaks to the server today in an effort to remove anything that might be slowing down page loads on the database side. So far it doesn't seem any faster than it ever was, but it also doesn't seem slow at all. Not sure that what I did helped any but it certainly didn't hurt.

Thanx. This evening all's well.

Mine got stuck on bid.openx.net. That was what was loading at the bottom of the screen today. I have to hit refresh to make the page load.

Tacticalrepublic seems to slow it down some, but not as bad as the one above.

Mine got stuck on bid.openx.net. That was what was loading at the bottom of the screen today. I have to hit refresh to make the page load.....

Yeah, seems to be another type of ad server related to OpenX Market? Have seen it show for some time (and yeah has been hanging some lately).

Maybe it's the one that serves the smaller banners at very top of site in addition to the larger TacticalRepublic ones? David will know.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Edit...

You know, I'm probably more frustrated by this than any of you are. I'm opening a support ticket with our hosting provider to see if they can provide any assistance or at least point me in the right direction. This may end up being one of those problems that we have to throw money at in order to fix it. If that's the case, a fix may not be immediate until we pick up a few more supporting Vendors.

• Administrator

I've received word back from the hosting company and they have made a few changes to the system. We are also going to do some performance monitoring from 6pm - 10pm CST tonight to see shows up on both the virtual server and the physical host hardware itself.

I'm experiencing the same as others and would be willing to donate a few dollars to help offset the costs if vendors are not readily available. Maybe others would so the same. Maybe wouldn't add up to enough but might be worth a shot.

+1

That makes two of us (and I am sure there are more)I may not have much but will help out as much as I can.

Let us know

And David thanks again for all your hard work and time.:)