Would you shoot 3 girls?

Guest msparks

CLARKSVILLE, Tenn.- Monday night, police were looking for three teenage girls connected to a home invasion. The victim is a Fort Campbell soldier. Police say one of the girls knocked on the door of a the 26-year old's Clarksville home and asked to use the phone.

Police said, when he turned around, they stormed the house and held the man down with a bench press bar. Then they pepper sprayed him and hit him with a hammer. The three teens ransacked the home and got away with a computer and several other items.

The soldier said he had never seen the girls before.

After reading this, it makes you wonder. I normally answer the door with a pistol of some sorts, but 3 girls....Makes you think.

I would think for me it would be hard. Shooting 3 girls in self defense, then have to get in front of a jury.

I would. I learned long ago that women can be just as evil and mean as men. Not as physically strong, but they more than make up for it --- as seen here. Honestly, what group of 3 girls would not have 1 phone between 3 of em? That would have set off an alarm for me, but I am sorta paranoid anyway.

Before reading this I'd have to admit that they'd have caught me off guard as well.

Stereotypes and generalities can work both says, huh? However, in the meantime, I'll continue to rely on them for potentially credible threats and work on ignoring them for less obvious threats.

I would have been caught off guard as well. Now, is a different story. Glad you posted, it just reminds me that all strangers are a perceived threat. I'm usually very cautious when someone knocks at the door because it happens so seldom.

As to the title, Yes, you invade my home, my intent is to protect my home. If that means shooting you, so be it…sex, age, race are irrelevant.

In the past couple of months we have had several different girls come to the house at odd hours. It is upsetting because our dogs go crazy at the door and they have even woke me up before when they came knocking past 9pm.

They said they wanted to do a survey or had something to sell. They have all said they wanted to come inside to talk. The second word out of my wife's mouth after hello was "leave". If they insist then my wife lets them know our dogs bite and we aren't sure how much longer she can hold them back. I did notice on the last one there are several people waiting in the car.

And I am always right next to the door, out of sight, with a firearm ready.

If they are determined enough to survive my wife, two angry dogs and a couple dozen rounds of ammo I guess they can have what they came here for.

Dolomite

• Administrator

If you try to invade my home, I will defend myself and my family with every means at my disposal - up to and including the use of deadly force. And I can assure you that neither I nor the ammunition in my gun care about your race, creed or gender. A threat is a threat.

• Administrator

You know, reading back through this thread it strikes me that as a society -- even an armed society -- we base too many of our decisions on generalizations and assumptions. We generalize and assume that a female is not going to be a threat, or as much of a threat, as a male. Therefore we are more willing to lower our guard a notch or two (or even completely) which in turn leaves us vulnerable.

The practice at my home is simple, and everyone knows the rules: If we are not expecting you, we are not opening the door to you. That doesn't mean that we will open the heavy door but not the glass / storm door. That means any door.

You will not see us. We will not expose ourselves to be seen by you or harmed by you. And rest assured that if you are ringing my doorbell or skulking around my house, we know you are there, we are watching you from within, and we are armed. This isn't paranoia, it is an adaptation of our lives to the fact that the world has changed for the worse and that there are predatory people out there who will scope out you and your home in the effort to harm you and to take from you the things you hold dear. There are predatory people in this world who will use your kindness, your ill-placed trust, your naivety, your desire to help your fellow man, against you to kill you.

The day of the door to door Bible salesman is gone. There is no reason for anyone to be pounding on your door anymore. Frankly I am surprised that no one has resorted to sending school-aged children to a door first under the auspices of selling something for their school, only to have the adults come in behind them with overpowering force and push their way into a home. The only thing less threatening than a teenage girl ringing your doorbell is a gradeschool kid, right?

Some folks think talk like this is ridiculous and over the top. Those folks are the ones who end up robbed, hurt or worse.

Would I shoot three girls?

If they were invading my home, yes.

It's getting to be a pretty common trick to get you to open the door, as the evil people adjust and develop their tactics.

It used to be a girl would knock on the door and the two hulking ex-con guys would then jump out.

Now, the girl or girls do it themselves. They are getting bolder.

Now that we know, we won't be fooled, and they will get shot regardless.

Thanks for the warning. I grieve for the country.

Three girls or three big guys makes no difference to me. They invade my home, attack me and put my life in danger, they will get the exact same response from me.

I agree. Same response, but I never answer the door unless it's a family member that I know is coming over or a serviceman that has an appointment.

If you are at my doorstep bleeding I will be armed, watching you and calling the cops. You will not enter my home.

Yes. I think the court of public opinion would disagree if this guy would have smoked these chicks, but the law would be on his side. Even if they weren't heavily armed, pepper spray and a hammer is a deadly weapon in the hands of an 8 year old. Certainly 3 adults (male or female) working in concert to commit an unprovoked attack within the victim's home with these tools would suggest to me that murder wasn't out of the question for these girls. In my hands my 1911 only discriminates between threats and non-threats. It treats each threat equally regardless of race, gender, age, economic status, political affiliation or religious preference.

Edited by TMF 18B
spelling
In my hands my 1911 only discriminates between threats and non-threats. It treats each threat equally regardless of race, gender, age, economic status, political affiliation or religious preference.

Wouldn't it be great if we could get people to behave like your 1911?:blush:

I would never let anyone in my home who had no business being there. If they cross the threshold uninvited, things will get nasty quick. Man or woman, a weapon is just as deadly in the hands of either.

To answer the question, yes, under this circumstances I would shoot three girls invading my home for much of the same reasons people have already listed.

If you are not expected, you are not welcome. This may seem anti-social, but in that situation I'm not here to make friends, I'm here to keep myself and those I love safe.

Dolomite : "I did notice on the last one there are several people waiting in the car."

Boy, if that's not a warning signal I don't know what is.

Anyone comes knocking after 9:00 pm and I answer the door with gun in hand. There's just way to many dangerous nuts out there these days and they have no regard to who they injure or kill. Stay safe.

As far as post- 9pm door answering with a weapon, if the door rings and I don't know who you are or I'm not expecting you, no matter what time of the day it is, I'm answering with a self-defense option in hand. Criminals don't operate on a "late-night only" schedule. Just something to think about.