Comcast speeds...

TGO David

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Business class... Nice!

Yah, I get decent speeds and the service is out of this world. Honestly, the few times I've had an outage, they've had a truck out here within two hours. Worth the small amount of cash it costs/month as I can now upload an entire album production master in about 10 minutes.

Guest WyattEarp

before I got my router installed, I was getting 70mbps download, 34 mbps upload

after I installed the router, it dropped to this....wonder why?

1483248908.png

edit, it's not through AT&T either, it's through pavlovmedia.net

but regardless, it's FAAAAAAAAST!

Guest Broomhead

We share a wireless network with my parents. Dad got a new router when the old one conked out. I should have offered to split the cost of a high speed one because this one is pretty damn slow, slower than the old one anyway. So, my results are hindered by the router:

86515772.png

1483275737.png

• Administrator

So far I'm impressed with the speed however I've been seeing the Internet connection drop sporadically which kind of hurts my ability to stay connected via VPN to work. Adding insult to injury, I'm also getting calls for someone else on the phone number that they had provisioned for me. That started about 5 minutes after they installed it. Ugh. Time to change the number again.

I had to schedule the tech to come back out tomorrow to address the connectivity issue. :)

So far I'm impressed with the speed however I've been seeing the Internet connection drop sporadically which kind of hurts my ability to stay connected via VPN to work. Adding insult to injury, I'm also getting calls for someone else on the phone number that they had provisioned for me. That started about 5 minutes after they installed it. Ugh. Time to change the number again.

I had to schedule the tech to come back out tomorrow to address the connectivity issue. :rolleyes:

I set up a vpn on a couple of different occasions. I was never totally satisfied with the results. I found the same issues, dropped connection, and asymmetrical connection made things weird.

It works but it always seems to be less than satisfactory. I recently decided to start doing some stuff in the cloud instead. I'd have to say that for spreadsheets it's been more dependable.

I also did a vpn phone system for a while. I'm over that. Ringcentral is a much better solution.

Dang, haven't checked in a while, I'm pert slow by comparison with most of y'all.

Have had intermittent probs here over the last 6 months too; Comcast was rock solid for quite a few years at my place, have been off and on probs over the last three.

86538212.png

1483401853.png

Bout same results with or without router.

- OS