What are you missing?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a good pair of binoculars, since my little boy thought they would fly.

I picked up a pair of the Leupold Yosemite 8X30 binos last year. I am very pleased with them. They are medium sized and so much nicer to use than the pocket sized pairs I tried. I have seen them on sale online for very reasonable prices. Rural King has them too.

Guest adamoxtwo
I need to purchase a good ladder stand in the next few weeks before M/L season. Bills have pretty much stripped the last few paychecks.

Wal-Mart in Sango, TN has expanded their selection and they are the best priced in the area for the same gear.

How so. I find it quite relaxing myself.

Field dress, check in, carry it home and string it up, skin it, cut out the ribeye & tenderloin, break out the grinder.......CLEAN THE GRINDER!!! The wife likes to cut up the ribs and other crap meat and put it in the crock pot for the dog, waste not want not. Wrap it/Ziplock it, rearrange the dang freezer....again.

If it didn't taste so good..............

Toilet paper...got to have good quality A** wipe! Remember those mornings when you get out of your truck, heading for your stand and the "urge" hits? Running through the woods, shedding weapon, gear, clothes all in search of the perfect tree! And then you realize.....no s*** paper! Out comes the knife, off comes the tail of your T-shirt.....don't lie....ya'll know what I'm talking about!

I'd like to get a safety harness vest to use with my climber stand (Summit Viper). I don't really need one since I have the regular harness, but the vest looks easy and simple to use. I like easy and simple....

I have a vest, and I love it! It is so easy to put it on in the dark! They are really nice to wear...chicks love' em....

Any recommendations on a vest guys? I keep looking at the Gorilla vests in Wally's but I'd like a proper opinion before I commit to one. I'm currently using the one that came with my Summit climber & I find it really easy to use, just not very comfortable although I do like the idea of not having the vest while it's still warm....

Toilet paper...got to have good quality A** wipe! Remember those mornings when you get out of your truck, heading for your stand and the "urge" hits? Running through the woods, shedding weapon, gear, clothes all in search of the perfect tree! And then you realize.....no s*** paper! Out comes the knife, off comes the tail of your T-shirt.....don't lie....ya'll know what I'm talking about!

That's why God invented leaves....and why they fall from the trees during deer seaseon.

Guest adamoxtwo
Any recommendations on a vest guys? I keep looking at the Gorilla vests in Wally's but I'd like a proper opinion before I commit to one. I'm currently using the one that came with my Summit climber & I find it really easy to use, just not very comfortable although I do like the idea of not having the vest while it's still warm....

+1 I was looking at the Wal-Mart brand as well and they looked decent, but agree I would like to hear from someone who has one. Being an Airborne Soldier I foolishly don't usually wear one in my double (only 15') which I know is stupid and I know I need too.

The Hunter Safety Systems Pro Vest is probably the most popular. However, I have tried one on and it is heavy and bulky, IMHO. Can you imagine having 3 seatbelt buckles on your vest? Imagine the old Chevy center push button seat belts...

I am looking hard at the Go Muddy Safeguard harness. I like a light, barely there harness. I have one that came with a cheap lock on that I use now, but it is a PITA to put on. I think the Go Muddy will work for what I want.

I bought a Hunter Safety System Treestalker vest for my dad. It's a little bulkier than what I thought, but it's not bad. He likes it.

I am looking at the HSS Ultra Lite for next next piece of hunting gear. I want to check out that Go Muddy also... never seen that one

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
The Hunter Safety Systems Pro Vest is probably the most popular. However, I have tried one on and it is heavy and bulky, IMHO. Can you imagine having 3 seatbelt buckles on your vest? Imagine the old Chevy center push button seat belts...

I am looking hard at the Go Muddy Safeguard harness. I like a light, barely there harness. I have one that came with a cheap lock on that I use now, but it is a PITA to put on. I think the Go Muddy will work for what I want.

The HSS Treestalker has slimmer buckles and ain't too bulky. I used to have one of the $60 "Big Game" vests and it was very bulky.

Lets take inventory, shall we!

This is what I already have.

Climbing stands-3 summits(2titans/1-180), one lone wolf sit & climb

Lock on stands- 2 api's, one lone wolf with climbing sticks(this thing is freaking awesome!)

Buddy ladder stands-2

ladder stands-3

Double bull matrix blind

SC2 shooting house on 7ft. 4x4's

1 atv-Arctic cat 500

Gps-meridian gold

Z71

Trailer w/lockable tool box on front

hunting land-8000 acres total

Bushnell bone collector trail camera

All the camo clothing you can imagine.

What I am saying is, I absolutely have it made with equipment. What I need is a 150 class buck in my sights and a lot more time to enjoy the outdoors!

I do, however, thank god for all the blessings in my life.

I'm suited up alright but there are a few things I would like. No real need for a 4 wheeler it's an easy walk in to anywhere I hunt and I don't have a very far drag if I have one at all to get to where I can drive my truck. I would like a muzzle loader. I have an extra Mosin Nagant lying around. I am wanting to turn it into a custom job which will require stock, scope mount, scope, rings, bipod, and sling. When I get it done I will post up some pics. Lots of cheap stuff in there and no really expensive stuff, most expensive single part will be the $60 stock and a $100 scope that I already have. I have a stock Mosin as well but have no plans of bastardizing it.