most comfortable AK47 stock?

PolePosition

I just got my AK47 in and it came with a Tapco synthetic stock...I'm a fairly small guy so it is very uncomfortable for me. Maybe it is too narrow or short in height or something. I really like the size of the Crane stock on my AR. It is wide and tall so it gives my small shoulder a lot of pad to press against.

Any suggestions?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After researching different products and reviews, I think I will be getting these:

http://www.themakogroup.com/product_p/gl-shockcp.htm

http://www.themakogroup.com/product_p/sbt-k47.htm

They are members on AR15.com and I've read different independent blogs (both for shotguns and for AR15s) that have said these products do what they say they will do. One is a recoil reducing stock and the other is a recoil reducing stock tube. You can get one or the other but you can also combine both for double the recoil reduction. I think I will go with the combo route (you have to buy both separately since the kit with the recoil stock tube and stock uses the regular stock).

For the Saiga 12, some people say that you might have to enlarge the gas ports with simple drilling, especially for shooting lighter loads if you're having cycling issues.

@Mike - Target shooting and home defense. Why do you suggest against the Mako products? I haven't read a single bad review yet. Even if their spring system is questionable at best (which doesn't seem to be the case at all according to testers), is the AR/M4 style stock not a good choice?

@Fujimo - I have the M10-762 Romanian AK-type. Bought it from Bud's Gun Shop. It has the Tapco polymer stock. The stock I feel is perhaps a bit too short (height, not length) or narrow. It pinches my skin and just doesn't rest at a good position. And this is from just holding it. I can imagine its going to hurt when shot because I have red marks from holding it and trying to put it in a good position. In contrast, my AR15 stock (SOPMOD Crane stock) is extremely comfortable. The recoil pad and the whole stock itself is noticeably wider and taller and no matter where I put it, close to the shoulder or close to the chest, it is very comfortable.