Wheres the best place to?

Guest eyebedam

Guest eyebedam

Wheres the best place to take the conceal carry course? Im in Mt. Juliet so Id prefer something out this way. I took it about 8 years ago out at Goodlettsville gun shop but I never got around to turning in the paperwork. It was a good class but I really dont wanna drive that far out.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest flyfishtn

CIS teaches one in Smyrna. See Todd@CIS (member here) for more details and schedule - his site is in his signature.

Ontaget in the 'Boro has a class as well.

Guest drc767
Thank you flyfishtn.

eyebedam, if Smyrna isn't too far for you, give me a call.

(615)347-0787

If I ever get a break, I want to take your Defensive Pistol Course. I have had your literature sitting at my desk since I picked it up at a gun show a couple of months ago, but need to make time to sign up for and take the course.

Mt Juliet PD sponsors a class that is $25 if you live in the city; can’t beat that.

http://www.cityofmtjuliet.org/chsc.htm

Another popular Community Oriented Policing and Problem Solving program (COPPS) is the Citizens Handgun Safety Course. This course was designed by professional weapons experts to provide instruction on the safe and correct handling of handguns. Students are issued certificates after successfully completing the course, which fulfills one of the requirements for receiving a handgun permit in the State of Tennessee. Participants must be 21 years of age or older, and the class fee is $25 for residents within the Mt. Juliet city limits, $50 for Wilson County residents, and $75 for residents of other Tennessee counties. The fee is payable in the form of a cashier's check or money order to "City of Mt. Juliet". Class size is limited to 15 students. Each session begins at 7:00 a.m. at the Mt. Juliet Police Department's firing range on York Road and ends at approximately 4:00 p.m., with a one-hour break for lunch. The session includes classroom instruction and uniform, on-command firing at silhouette targets provided by the police department. Participants must bring their own handguns, holsters, ammunition and eye and ear protection to class. **Note: Information and application packets for the Citizens Police Academy and the Citizens Handgun Safety Course may be obtained at Police Dispatch at City Hall. Applications may be mailed back to: Mt. Juliet Police Department, P.O. Box 322, Mt. Juliet, TN 37121 or dropped off at Police Dispatch. Call Deputy Chief Hambrick at 754-2550, ext. 261 for more information about this course.

Guest flyfishtn
Thank you flyfishtn.

eyebedam, if Smyrna isn't too far for you, give me a call.

(615)347-0787

You are welcome. Have heard nothing but praise, might as well pass it along.

Wheres the best place to take the conceal carry course? Im in Mt. Juliet so Id prefer something out this way. I took it about 8 years ago out at Goodlettsville gun shop but I never got around to turning in the paperwork. It was a good class but I really dont wanna drive that far out.

Hey come back and see us and we will give you a discount. We have former students that come back thru all the time, either for a refresher, paperwork not turned in, or just forget to renew it.

Im not sure there is anyone out your way that gives it.

In any event if we can help you give us a shout.

Guest flyfishtn
Academy of Self Protection in Joelton is a good place. That's where I took mine.

Agreed, that is where I took mine too, just not that close to Mt. Juliet.

Guest eyebedam

Well I went by MJPD & got the paperwork today. I didnt know you had to write why you wanted to take the course though. The guy said to fill it out & if they accept it after a thorough background check they would call me & tell me when the next class is. Its all good though I just thought that was different. I wonder if they will pull up my Military background if so theyll prob be shocked to see I got more exp than prob half there police force combined with all types of weapons.

Guest TNCarters

Probably not the closest or cheapest but thought Buford Tune at A.P.P.S. did a good job. His class is a full day classroom and about half a day at Smyrna Airport range. His class is on Murfressboro Rd. He does a lot of talking and showing video that could probably be shortened but there is some value in the experiences of a retired policeman. They will also process the fingerprinting for you once paperwork is turned in to Dept. of Safety. I think they do a class the first weekend of every month.

• 2 weeks later...