hcp? for my wife

Guest JeremyD901

Guest JeremyD901

My wife and I just got married Sept 10. She is wondering about the process off changing her license an hcp over to her new name. Also how long it would take and if she could carry until the new one came in.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Changing an address is easy, takes less than 5 minutes online and you don't have to get new cards unless you just want them. Print off the receipt with your new address and keep it with your DL & HCP.

Since your new bride is legally changing her name, then I believe new cards are required and she'll have to process that through the DMV and Social Security office. I'd expect that would take a month or two, and I also expect there would be no issue with her carrying in the interim, provided she can produce documents that show she's done her part and is waiting on the state.

My daughter (hcp holder) is getting married in March. I called the permit office, they said apply for a duplicate license with your new name and address. They sent her a form...but here is the state law telling you what to do. See pages 16 and 17 of this document:

http://www.tn.gov/sos/rules/1340/1340-02/1340-02-04.pdf

name changes must be made in person...Frequently Asked Questions - Question 2

Edited by 7mmvol

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

TRADING POST NOTICE

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions.

TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is not a lobbying organization and has no affiliation with any lobbying organizations.  Beware of scammers using the Tennessee Gun Owners name, purporting to be Pro-2A lobbying organizations!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.