Sad News Apple Says Founder Steve Jobs is Dead

greenego

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest drv2fst

His impact on the products that we use daily will be greatly missed. It's unlikely any of us will see anyone with his talent for technology, creativity, and business again in our lifetimes.

Guest WyattEarp
His impact on the products that we use daily will be greatly missed. It's unlikely any of us will see anyone with his talent for technology, creativity, and business again in our lifetimes.

there will always be someone else. maybe not just like him, but there are lots of creative people in this world with enough initiative to come out with great new products, ideas, and what not and turn their dreams into reality.

Guest drv2fst
there will always be someone else. maybe not just like him, but there are lots of creative people in this world with enough initiative to come out with great new products, ideas, and what not and turn their dreams into reality.

This is not the time to debate this with you. I'll be happy to show you the errors of your position in a more appropriate time. : )

Guest drv2fst

Don't expect to be invited to deliver the eulogy, do you?

Guest bkelm18
I'd be shocked if it wasn't a private (read: secret) ceremony.

I wouldn't doubt it. I'm sure Apple/ Steve's family will pay good money to keep it as private as possible. That won't stop the swine from trying to crash it though.

Rumors are beginning to circulate that Westboro Baptist Church will picket the funeral.

It should be a law that those people can be shot on the spot. Sorry I'm not sorry if I offended anybody with this.

RIP Steve Jobs.

I still think their stock will be fine. Hopefully it does fall for a bit so some can buy low and sell high (wouldn't it be nice if it were that easy?)

Guest WyattEarp
This is not the time to debate this with you. I'll be happy to show you the errors of your position in a more appropriate time. : )

Sorry about that, that came off in an unintended way. I was more focused on your comment, than I was the actual topic on hand. I'm not taking anything away from Jobs, great guy, incredible vision, determination and perseverance in the face of multiple failures, which later led to tremendous success. It is very sad to see him pass away as his contributions to the world, society and to technology are nothing short of visionary and extraordinary.

Guest WyattEarp
It should be a law that those people can be shot on the spot. Sorry I'm not sorry if I offended anybody with this.

RIP Steve Jobs.

I still think their stock will be fine. Hopefully it does fall for a bit so some can buy low and sell high (wouldn't it be nice if it were that easy?)

I don't agree with WBC wanting to picket his funeral, but Phelps is nothing more than a con man trying to irk people or police or local governments into violating his constitutional rights, so he can take them court and sue them. That's all he's about. I doubt even he believes the vile that spews from his mouth and that of his family's mouth.

that said, if it were law to shoot them on spot for speaking their minds, everyone on this forum and every other internet forum in America would be dead for having an opinion and exercising their constitutional rights.

I think all county, city and state's should pass legislation banning any protest of a funeral within a 5 mile radius of the funeral site, and protestors should have to give 96 hours of notice, apply for and obtain a police permit, and notify the local Law Enforcement Agency of their planned site for protest (subject to Police Chief or Sheriff's approval of course). Then the Chief or Sheriff can call the family of the deceased where the WBC is going to protest, and advise them to take an alternative route :)

You do all that, you're not "violating" WBC's rights, because they're allowed to protest and say what they want and speak their minds, but for safety concerns, the LEO's notified the family of the deceased and the family happend to "opt" to take an alternative route to avoid confrontation, and so coincidentally, WBC has no audience. That happens enough times, they'll give up and go away without an audience, and if the press would stop giving these animals media attention, they will crawl back into the woodwork and disappear.

I don't agree with WBC wanting to picket his funeral, but Phelps is nothing more than a con man trying to irk people or police or local governments into violating his constitutional rights, so he can take them court and sue them. That's all he's about. I doubt even he believes the vile that spews from his mouth and that of his family's mouth.

that said, if it were law to shoot them on spot for speaking their minds, everyone on this forum and every other internet forum in America would be dead for having an opinion and exercising their constitutional rights.

I think all county, city and state's should pass legislation banning any protest of a funeral within a 5 mile radius of the funeral site, and protestors should have to give 96 hours of notice, apply for and obtain a police permit, and notify the local Law Enforcement Agency of their planned site for protest (subject to Police Chief or Sheriff's approval of course). Then the Chief or Sheriff can call the family of the deceased where the WBC is going to protest, and advise them to take an alternative route :)

You do all that, you're not "violating" WBC's rights, because they're allowed to protest and say what they want and speak their minds, but for safety concerns, the LEO's notified the family of the deceased and the family happend to "opt" to take an alternative route to avoid confrontation, and so coincidentally, WBC has no audience. That happens enough times, they'll give up and go away without an audience, and if the press would stop giving these animals media attention, they will crawl back into the woodwork and disappear.

I agree with you, but I think you know what I was getting at.

/hijack

ripstevejobssf07.jpg

This is happening everywhere. Pretty crazy. ^Best sticky note right there.