Glock Help

So I went shooting my Glock yesterday and noticed something different. After every shot the slide would stick on reset (more like a lag). It would always fully go forward but you could feel the lag. It didn't misfire or FTF...no problems with fast shooting, slow shooting, tight grip, loose grip, etc...no problems at all just a lagged reset. It felt very different and not normal. It also wasn't every single shot, just sometimes...any suggestions?

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a Glock 35 .40 that started having light of center strikes. After some troubleshooting realized the slide was not seating fully into battery. Turned out the recoil spring was worn out. I called Glock and they said the Gen 3 recoil spring would last about 5000 rounds. They sent me a new one even though the spring is considered a consumable and not a warrantied item. Fixed the problem even though there is no way the gun had 5k rounds down the pipe. I would find someone with the same model and swap springs to troubleshoot it. That's what worked for me. I'm certain a Glock would run dry, but you might try a gun lube on the contact points for the rail. Also, look for some plastic that has been knicked along the frame that meets the slide. Could have been dropped at some point.

I guess I don't fully understand what you're describing. Is it hanging up when cycling? Is it just not a clean/smooth slide action when chambering the next round during cycle? If that's the case it could be the ammo getting caught on the feed ramp. That would mean it's the ammo, magazine or dirty feed ramp.

I guess I don't fully understand what you're describing. Is it hanging up when cycling? Is it just not a clean/smooth slide action when chambering the next round during cycle? If that's the case it could be the ammo getting caught on the feed ramp. That would mean it's the ammo, magazine or dirty feed ramp.

It's a Glock 30. I pull the trigger it goes bang, slide goes back to eject spent shell. The new bullet becomes chambered and as the slide is going forward it lags a little. Does that make sense? It sounds like it's the spring so I will try that first. I inspected it after these posts and it looks fine (and like my other Glocks).

Hmmm, well I guess it could be the spring, but the fact it is hanging up seems a little odd unless the spring is bent or something. I'm assuming you fired different manufactures of ammo with the same results?

Yeah. PMC and Remington. Didn't try hollow points. I'm gonna take it to Predator tomorrow and see what they think. Hopefully it's gonna be an easy fix.

Is it a 30 or 30SF ? If it is a 30 I would try a new recoil spring. If it is a 30SF it could be the recoil spring or another problem that is exclusive to the SF models.

30SF. It does not do it manually and like I said, it's not every round that does it...just some but you can feel the difference.

Ok, field strip the pistol and look at the trigger bar. There is probably a rub mark or gouge on the trigger bar just above the frame on the right side of the pistol. There is a photo in this thread DOES YOUR NEW 30SF HAVE THESE INDICATIONS ?. If there is, it is caused by the slide rubbing against the trigger bar. It is a common cause of failure to return to battery in the SF models. Glock has an updated trigger bar that is supposed to fix the problem. The part is marked 4256-1-. The part number is SP 07649. I showed my 30SF with "the mark" to the Glock LE District Manager in June 2010. He said that he had never seen or heard of the problem before, even though the problem is widespread. It seems that the updated trigger bar has worked for some and not worked for others. I would try the updated trigger bar first. If need be, you can send it back to the factory and they will make it right.

Edited by Karnage
Ok, field strip the pistol and look at the trigger bar. There is probably a rub mark or gouge on the trigger bar just above the frame on the right side of the pistol. There is a photo in this thread DOES YOUR NEW 30SF HAVE THESE INDICATIONS ?. If there is, it is caused by the slide rubbing against the trigger bar. It is a common cause of failure to return to battery in the SF models. Glock has an updated trigger bar that is supposed to fix the problem. The part is marked 4256-1-. The part number is SP 07649. I showed my 30SF with "the mark" to the Glock LE District Manager in June 2010. He said that he had never seen or heard of the problem before, even though the problem is widespread. It seems that the updated trigger bar has worked for some and not worked for others. I would try the updated trigger bar first. If need be, you can send it back to the factory and they will make it right.

That's it. I have the same mark/gouge on the trigger bar (4256-1) It didn't have the additional dash. At least I know it's not me...I guess Glock is getting a call tomorrow. Thanks. I really appreciate it.

Wow, very interesting. You learn something new everyday.

Is it possible you've been riding the slide with your thumb? That can make problems like above worse.