american guns ???

laktrash

Watched it last nite, entertaining enough but looks like a cross between Pawn Stars, American Chopper and Sons of guns. I still think Renee has a crazy look in her eyes " not to mention big ta-ta's " I'll bet they sell a boat load of hats and T-shirts.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What I didn't get was that dude loaded a duffle bag with cash, hired a chopper to the ranch, then only bought 4 guns? In the shop he sounded like he was going up to buy the whole collection. I know he may have tried to get more and then it could have been edited for TV running time, but it just looked silly.

I'll try another episode or 2, but I don't know that this has much staying power.

What I didn't get was that dude loaded a duffle bag with cash, hired a chopper to the ranch, then only bought 4 guns? In the shop he sounded like he was going up to buy the whole collection. I know he may have tried to get more and then it could have been edited for TV running time, but it just looked silly.

I'll try another episode or 2, but I don't know that this has much staying power.

Sure looks like the price of a chopper would cut into the profit margin

I caught a bit of it also and I stopped watching. I felt really bad for the machinist recreate the knuckle buster. The owner was a real jerk to him, especially since he had obviously no skill or understanding of the process required to make the gun. The poor kid told him that it was going to be a huge challenge because he couldnt get all of the measurements and the owner still chewed him out on his first attempt. The guy obviously liked to hear himself speak. I loved when the ranch owner with the huge collection asked him whether or not he was going to lecture him all day or buy guns. I may give another episode a try but I am thinking not.

Guest 73challenger

I thought it was a ton better than Sons of Guns the owner shot a nice group in the start of the show. I think the guns they will manufacture on this show will be more practical / realistic than Sons of Guns. I liked the people better. Did it say he rented the chopper or was it his?

What network and time is this on?

discovery channel 278 on direct

Looks like its on tonite again @10 and again tomorrow didn't catch the time

looks like several repeats this week according to the guide

Edited by laktrash
What network and time is this on?

Discovery - Mondays at 10e/9c

I felt really bad for the machinist recreate the knuckle buster. The owner was a real jerk to him

Yeah, especially since he then had something to see the insides of, made the adjustments, and came out spot on perfect for the 2nd one.

The guy obviously liked to hear himself speak. I loved when the ranch owner with the huge collection asked him whether or not he was going to lecture him all day or buy guns.

I wonder how much of that is him being himself, and how much is for TV. It's pretty boring to watch if he walks in to the gun room and says "'Em are sum nice guns. I'll give ya 20 grand fer 'em". Part of the show is why he's paying 20 grand for them. But they can cover that in a one-on-one interview then edit it into the negotiation process, like they do on Top Shot with the interviews mixed in with the competitions.

Guest Victor9er

I caught most of the second half to 2/3 of the show... wasn't overly impressed.

The owner seems like an arrogant jerk, "anything for a buck" kinda guy.

:blah:

The young dude is an immature prick, after about the second time hearing him open his mouth I was ready to strangle him myself.

:bat:

The young chick is obviously all about the sex appeal, I'm sure one of (or maybe I should say two of) the MAIN reasons viewers will even tune into the show. She seems to be knowledgeable, but when she's selling guns to a bunch of bikers while she's dressed in daisy dukes and a too small tank top with her boobs spilling out... it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out who's going to win the selling competition

:slap:

The older chick (Renee) I didn't see too much of her except to complain about the owner spending over 40 grand in two days on guns that he bought from collectors. Other than that she just looks like an older version of the younger chick, bleach blonde hair tight jeans and a too small tank top with her boobs pushed up to her chin. Again working the sex appeal angle.... producer influenced maybe?? Or that might just be their thing..

:)

I guess overall the show looks like it might focus more on the collector aspect of guns? But time will tell, since they obviously have plans to build custom stuff also. Like a custom shotgun for a military vet that lost the use of his right arm. (didn't Sons of Guns already do that one?)

:stir:

They're definitly taking a dramatic approach with the actual shooting, with all of the slow-motion replays of the various targets exploding. (good call on the GLASS jugs by the way, remind me to never go out barefooted in that guy's yard!)

:stick:

They're definitly taking a dramatic approach with the actual shooting, with all of the slow-motion replays of the various targets exploding. (good call on the GLASS jugs by the way, remind me to never go out barefooted in that guy's yard!)

:)

Yeah I didn't understand the glass thing. I mean his house is a showplace "no metal" and he's being "Bubba" shootin' beer bottles in the back yard. He's probably got a yard boy that runs out there with a shop vac.

They were left overs from one of the Top Shot challenges that Discovery got on the cheap from History. Look for some exploding targets soon. Oh wait....nevermind.

The wife is too old to be anywhere close to as hot as she thinks she is. But she either had a good boob-job surgeon or the best push-up bra ever made. I feel like a dirty old man when the daughter is on screen, what with me drooling over her Colt Commander and everything.

Edited by monkeylizard
Guest Broomhead
What I didn't get was that dude loaded a duffle bag with cash...only bought 4 guns...he sounded like he was going up to buy the whole collection...it just looked silly.

Agreed, 100%.

I felt really bad for the machinist recreate the knuckle buster. The owner was a real jerk to him, especially since he had obviously no skill or understanding of the process required to make the gun. The poor kid told him that it was going to be a huge challenge because he couldnt get all of the measurements and the owner still chewed him out on his first attempt. The guy obviously liked to hear himself speak. I loved when the ranch owner with the huge collection asked him whether or not he was going to lecture him all day or buy guns. I may give another episode a try but I am thinking not.

The owner act like a prick, and I hope the viewer response reveals/shows it to the producers/owner. The machinist can't help that his bits (terminology?) kept breaking, maybe the owner needs to spring for better tools. Also, how was the machinist supposed to measure what he couldn't see? I'd like to see a show that does focus more on the manufacturing aspect. I understand the whole "trade secrets" thing, but it'd still be nice. Keep the secrets, but show the stuff that just about everyone knows.

I noticed the look in the ranchers eyes, too. The one that said, "Why the hell is he tell me all of this crap I already know?" I also liked when the owner threw out his second low-ball offer that included the .50cal, that rancher almost rolled is eyes and was like, no that's ok, I'll pass. He didn't need that ugly-as-hell custom rifle, he could've owned 10 Barretts if he'd wanted to, and the semi-autos at that.

I thought it was a ton better than Sons of Guns...I think the guns they will manufacture on this show will be more practical / realistic...Did it say he rented the chopper or was it his?

Agreed. He owned it. Just had to hire the pilot, though he may be on the payroll too.

The owner seems like an arrogant jerk, "anything for a buck" kinda guy...The young dude is an immature prick, after about the second time hearing him open his mouth I was ready to strangle him myself...The young chick is obviously all about the sex appeal...one of the MAIN reasons viewers will even tune into the show. She seems to be knowledgeable, but when she's selling guns to a bunch of bikers while she's dressed in daisy dukes and a too small tank top with her boobs spilling out... it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out who's going to win the selling competition...I guess overall the show looks like it might focus more on the collector aspect of guns...time will tell, since they obviously have plans to build custom stuff also...good call on the GLASS jugs by the way, remind me to never go out barefooted in that guy's yard!

I agree with all of this. The kid didn't have a snowball's chance. I wonder if the owner asked the rancher if he had a glass magnet lying around...And was serious? A wet/dry/shop vac will pick up 99% of that. I had a glass-topped patio table that flipped and shattered during a bad storm and went that route. At least it was tempered and ended up being mostly bigger pieces. The worst part was that when it flipped, it landed on the corner of the pool, so about half the glass went in the pool. That was a PIA.

Guest coldblackwind

I watched precisely 8 minutes, at which point I concluded it was every other show on television and turned the channel. You have the girl, strictly sex appeal, the brother, to offset her, the father seems to just create friction basically, and the guy who made the knuckleduster, who seems to be the only serious cast member (at least that I saw in the 8 minutes I could stand). Looked like another set a ridiculous deadline, then go ballistic when something goes wrong, but pull it off at the last minute kind of show with the same old cast that every other show on tv has. Not worth my time.

I'm not watching it at all. The commercial turned me off when the arrogant MORON claims "I'm one of the few people left that can make a gun from a block of steel."

Well aren't you special, you insignificant piss ant? There are butt loads of tool & die makers that would beg to differ. I was one of them for over 12 years myself. ANY machinist worth his salt can cobble up a gun that will fire, and many of those machinists can do much better than that. It would take me hours to explain all the things I have seen in the bottom drawers of Kennedy tool boxes;)

I'm not watching it at all. The commercial turned me off when the arrogant MORON claims "I'm one of the few people left that can make a gun from a block of steel."

Well aren't you special, you insignificant piss ant? There are butt loads of tool & die makers that would beg to differ. I was one of them for over 12 years myself. ANY machinist worth his salt can cobble up a gun that will fire, and many of those machinists can do much better than that. It would take me hours to explain all the things I have seen in the bottom drawers of Kennedy tool boxes;)

My Dad is a tool and die maker by trade with over 30 years experience. There isn't much he cant make given the proper materials and tools. I wish that I had followed in his footsteps. Machining is some serious business.

Man, I thought Sons of Guns was hokey.

The bit at the beginning with all 4 of them shooting nearly made change the channel.

"It's shooting a little left"

"The action's a little sticky"

The younger girl looks like she'd have trouble walking and chewing gum at the same time.

The purple 50 cal was hilarious.

I'll give it another episode, but so far it makes Sons of Guns look like a show worthy of an Emmy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since we're bashing,

How 'bout "duh let me see that 1911, Uh let see that big revolver, Uh let me that other one too.

l'il sweet tart " oh that one's you"

"Duh really ? I can't make my mind so I'll take all three "

The guys on a biker rally and decides to buy three guns c'mon :D

Guest bkelm18

I really wish they'd stop with all the gun tv shows. I know they're all the rage now, but seriously. Top Shot was pretty good first season, ok second season, now this season is more soap opera than anything. Sons of Guns has gone from pretty cool to utterly ridiculous.

Why does every father on a gun show feel the need to slut up his daughter to get raitings. Next thing you know Colby will be in a mini skirt! While we are talking about Top Shot, does it piss anybody else off that the Corner Shot, gatlin gun and hatchets have taken out shooters displaying shooting skills. Get back to practical shooting. Forget the sling shots, blow guns, and spit balls.

• 1 month later...

Old thread but is anybody still watching this. I taped it and watch it in about 20 minutes They seem to out do themselves every week. Last nite was PIMPED out 1911 and $2500 sawed off double barrell maybe I missing something, but nnoowaay was that shot gun worth $2500. They cut it off stuck in the coffee pot scratched on one side and hung a trinket on the other. I know, don't watch if you don't like but it always has my curiosity