Man shoots and kills 6 people/ injures others at Hair Salon

Guest President Fernatt

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest President Fernatt

At first I thought maybe a guy getting revenge on a girlfriend but the article says he may have been wearing body armor/bullet proof vest so who knows. It's sad that CA is so restrictive. If things were different it would be very possible for one of those ladies to draw from their purse nearby. Another example why its so important for everyone, especially women to carry.

1 of the dead was his estranged wife. They were going through a bad divorce. He must have mental health issues, imho, to have gone on a rampage like that.

• 2 weeks later...
No this will just fuel their fire for total banning of all firearms.

But it is a good thing he only had 10 round magazines, otherwise the death toll would have been much higher! I am also sure all the CA safety requirements on the weapon, loaded chamber indicators, "if you can read this, do not pull trigger" sign on the muzzle, arrows on the side of the slide telling the operator which direction to point the weapon, magazine safety, manual safety, primer safety, etc. All those requirements to get on the CA approval list also made sure the weapon of choice by the shooters part, kept himself safe in order to turn himself in.

I have visited California a few times for both work and pleasure, great place to visit/vacation. The people weren't too bad either (not like some northern cities where people are so rude), but I will never understand the political mindset driving their regulations. Not just that, but so many of the people that think because a regulation came out of their government that it is indeed for their own better good and in now way can be flawed.

Back on topic, sad sad day. I don't know what I would do in the same situation, duck cover or fight back even if I was unarmed. I will never know unless put in the same situation and hope I am never presented with the opportunity to find out.

Guest Pink9mm

Something like this happened at a salon in Hermitage a couple of years ago... Luckily no one was killed...The wife was shot twice and he killed himself there in the salon. Naturally a bad divorce situation. Also about a month ago a guy drove his car through a salon in Hendersonville trying to kill his soon to be ex wife. She was OK as well! I'm a hairstylist in Hendersonville. You never know what is really going on with someone you work with or a client in your chair... I'm always prepared. I carry on me not in my purse. I look at it like this...The salon is always full of mostly women with usually a lot of cash...I see us as easy targets. Most stylist I know do not carry and SHOULD! We are at the salon till late and with people we don't fully know. What happened in CA is terrible, sad and awful!!!

Something like this happened at a salon in Hermitage a couple of years ago... Luckily no one was killed...The wife was shot twice and he killed himself there in the salon. Naturally a bad divorce situation. Also about a month ago a guy drove his car through a salon in Hendersonville trying to kill his soon to be ex wife. She was OK as well! I'm a hairstylist in Hendersonville. You never know what is really going on with someone you work with or a client in your chair... I'm always prepared. I carry on me not in my purse. I look at it like this...The salon is always full of mostly women with usually a lot of cash...I see us as easy targets. Most stylist I know do not carry and SHOULD! We are at the salon till late and with people we don't fully know. What happened in CA is terrible, sad and awful!!!

Good for you Pink!!! I've been going to the same hair stylist for 17 years and she knows I always have my gun on me when I'm there. I just wish I could persuade her to carry!