40K per person

Jesse Jackson Jr. has offered his own $804 billion jobs plan that calls on the federal government to hire the nation's 15 million unemployed

Rep. Jesse Jackson Calls On Government To Hire All Unemployed Americans For $40,000 Each | Fox News

I saw this on Fox and Friends this morning.

WTF is this guy thinking? Lets give people 40K to do what? Push a broom, rake leaves?

Lets go 804 billion in debt for this plan?

Is he running for reelection?

Just goes to show, when you think you have heard or seen it all something comes along to prove you wrong.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That’s what you get when people get into politics because of their name.

We don’t have jobs because we don’t have American companies producing product. Too many Americans are only patriots when it doesn’t cost them anything. We can’t always compete on price and a big part of that is government intervention.

Instead of handing out money to people that will lie on the couch and watch Jerry Springer; use that money to give land, tax breaks, and other incentives to companies that will stay here. Help them offset the costs of OSHA, EPA, Workman’s Comp, etc., that other countries don’t have.

Here is the question for you guys.

Who is the bigger dumba$$? Jesse Jackson Jr. or those who voted for him?

The American people elected Obama.

The largest voting group is the poor, and getting bigger every day. That group is going to vote for whoever is making the biggest claims to make their lives better; whether they can deliver or not.

Any other political issue is eclipsed by our economic issues.

the thing that cracks me up about this is that the vast majority of people do not earn 40K in wages. People have decent jobs that don't pay that. Why should they, (me) continue working if Uncle Sugar will give me a job and pay me 40K to do it? Does health insurance and a 401k come with Rep Jacksons jobs?

Guest bkelm18
somone has a quote about people voting themselves money

“The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money.”

― Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Stupid.

How about Dave Ramsey for president? He'd say put those billions toward our debt. How about solving the border problem by raiding every drug lords home and taking that cash too. Put that towards the debt. How about actually paying off debts? Why is that so hard to grasp?

There was an old Kroger commercial when I was a kid. The guy says : " If you wanna save money...spend less. Why this is such a mystery, I'll never know."

How about solving the border problem by raiding every drug lords home and taking that cash too. Put that towards the debt.

I’m in.

Of course it’s going to be tough taking on those drug Lords without taking any weapons into Mexico.

The libtards are going to have to have some congressional inquiries about that. :rolleyes:

I’m in.

Of course it’s going to be tough taking on those drug Lords without taking any weapons into Mexico.

The libtards are going to have to have some congressional inquiries about that. :D

Yeah, but isn't this what our tax dollars are used for; Training US Marines? What would bet that a detachment of Marines could solve that mess in a few weeks? I'll bet you my computer I'm typing on, if they're given S&D orders, they'd produce results! AND, think of the billions in cash they could bring home. OR at least destroy so our dollar is worth more.

Yeah, but isn't this what our tax dollars are used for; Training US Marines? What would bet that a detachment of Marines could solve that mess in a few weeks? I'll bet you my computer I'm typing on, if they're given S&D orders, they'd produce results! AND, think of the billions in cash they could bring home. OR at least destroy so our dollar is worth more.

Oh I agree 100%. But the Mexican politicians would rather have the drug cartels than have us take 1$ out of their country. The Mexican government is as corrupt as the drug cartels; they live like kings while the Mexican people struggle just to get by.

Oh I agree 100%. But the Mexican politicians would rather have the drug cartels than have us take 1$ out of their country. The Mexican government is as corrupt as the drug cartels; they live like kings while the Mexican people struggle just to get by.

Mexican government? What the heck are they gonna do about it?