Reasonably priced source for military surplus - Nashville area?

E4 No More

For 33 years my wife's idea of camping has been staying at a hotel, but recently she has discovered a fondness for the real thing. While camping this past very cool weekend I reflected on my days in the Marines and the M-65 field jacket I once wore. I found them to be not only warm but comfortable.

Is there a reasonably price military surplus stores in the Nashville/Murfreesboro area that ya'll would recommend?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin Team

I'd check out this place behind the fairgrounds first:

Battleground Army Surplus

2001 Nolensville Pike

Nashville‎ TN‎ 37211

United States

It's not very big, but I've always had good luck there. Freidman's is simply one of those places where I refuse to spend my money, and I don't really have many on that list. Perhaps it's because I know what a good experience in a surplus store looks like, but I have been continually disappointed with these guys since the mid 90s. Every time I try to give them another chance I end up regretting it. They're rude, generally ignore you (which I generally prefer) and when they do help you, treat you like they're doing you a favor by trying to sell you something. I really don't know how they keep the lights on.

Guest coldblackwind
Drive north on highway 231 until you get to the intersection of highway 25, about 6 miles north of Lebanon. There is a pretty good surplus store.

yup

Drive north on highway 231 until you get to the intersection of highway 25, about 6 miles north of Lebanon. There is a pretty good surplus store.

Place is called Shadow Warrior Surplus. They have a pretty big selection.

Phone number is 615-374-4229.

yup
Place is called Shadow Warrior Surplus. They have a pretty big selection.

Phone number is 615-374-4229.

What they all said. ;)

Well, when the forklift broke down and we had to hump 147 lbs rounds from the back of the pos to the gun line to sustain the fire mission I was one of the first ones they looked at to do it.

Ha, well I was told that all the big guys carried the M60 in basic and somehow in 11B AIT I ended up humping that thing around for a few weeks being 5' 10'' and 130 lbs... yeah, I was the epitome of dumb private.

Being employed in the field of sales I thought I'd report on my trip to Shadow Warrior that some here recommended.

So on Saturday afternoon I headed up to Greene Military & Police on Lebanon Pike in Nashville near Briley Parkway. When I walked through the door I was greeted and had several of the staff offer to assist me. All of the items that I saw were new; not used. When we discovered that they had 2XL's but didn't have a 2XL Long field jackets on the rack the staff member that was helping me went into the storeroom repeatedly searching both where the item should have been and where it might have been. The clerk then apologized for not having the item in stock and offered to order the jacket for me. I declined since I had other places to look that day, and as I was leaving I was thanked for stopping in and bid a good day.

After stopping in at Outdoor World in the off chance they would have field jackets I plugged the address of Shadow Warrior into the GPS and headed off. When I arrived and entered the store there was a middle-aged, portly, unkempt man sitting behind the counter. He sort-of greeted me but offered no assistance or direction even though I was the only customer in his store. I finally located the general area where the field jackets were kept and noticed no order to things. I looked for a while to find some order but noticed none. I went back to the counter and asked the fellow if he by chance had any 2XL Long field jackets to which he replied that he had no idea. I then asked if there was a specific order to things in the hopes that he could direct me to an area to focus upon, and he said that there wasn't because they're kind of just thrown back there. After I few more minutes of looking I became agitated and left in disgust realizing that I had travelled 43 miles from home to waste my time. I then proceeded home where armed with the knowledge of the correct jacket size I ordered from a place online. I normally do not like to order clothing online, (considering my size), and if I wasn’t so far from Greene Military & Police I would have returned to give them my business.

I don’t know what your ideas of customer service are, but Shadow Warrior certainly fell far short of my mine. In the near future when I am in the market for boots – or any other items that they carry – I’ll be returning to Greene Military & Police for sure.

Guest no_masters

Greene is a good place buts its mostly new stuff. I like battleground on Nolensville rd. Steve is the guys who's there during the week and will take care of you there.