Thureon Defense 9mm carbine that uses Glock magazines

graycrait

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Scramasax

Steelharp, If you click on the rolling news feed, at the right time. You can read about the new model 9mm and .45 that takes Flock magazines. They could have a much better page.It's almost like they are making you search for details.

Best regards,

ts

There are several manufacturers that make blowback 9mm uppers that will bolt right on. There are also a few custom makers that are making gas driven 9mm uppers as well. I own and shoot a 9mm blowback a lot. It has more recoil than a 5.56 gun because it is blowback. But it is cheaper and more fun to shoot than the 5.56. Also, more indoor ranges let you shoot pistol calibers than rifle calibers.

Although sold out here is on of the blowbacks:

AIM TAC 16" M4 9mm Upper Receiver

And a google search for more:

Google

Dolomite

JRC is making a blow back rifle that looks like an Ar and takes Glock mags. It doesn't use an AR upper but uses Ar buttstock and trigger group. What's neat is that eventually they're going to offer it in .45. The magwell is modular so if you have a 9mm you could buy kit to convert it to .45.

I've been keepin my eye on a thread at ar15.com. A guy over there is trying to perfect a 9mm that's DI. At least one that cost would be reasonably priced to manufacture. Supposedly it has alot less recoil and is easier on brass if you reload.

E-mailed Thureon about the Glock version. Here's the response:

-------------------

Hi Michael,

The base price for our Glock compatible carbines is $689.99. Adding a M4 telescoping buttstock will add $15. There are other options available, and we will be updating our website so that you can see what is available.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. I'll be happy to try and answer them.

Sincerely,

Andy Huebschmann, Owner

Thureon Defense LLC

-------------------------

So, now we know how much...

He means the "Just Right Carbine" from EMF... Not to be trusted...

Surprisingly, a good review is out there:

9x19mm Just Right Carbine from EMF

I have read a few later reviews that state the gun is running better, something about a spring and buffer revision.

I am highly intrigued by the thoughts of an AR type 9mm carbine that feeds from Glock mags, but I am hesitant to drop $1000+ for the LWD lower+upper, the Olympic Arms K9 is hard to find with a Glock magwell.

The JR carbine is better looking than the Thureon, but they are both ugly.

I have never been able to get comfortable with a Keltec Sub2k, the cheek weld is a nightmare for me.

I have thought about grabbing a JR Carbine if I ever saw one in person in the $500 range, as long as it was a new manufacture.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest billsoutpost

Responding to previous questions from user graycrait...Thureon Defense offers 9mm and .45 that takes Uzi Mags...However, they recently just added a design change to include carbines that take Glock mags in .45 and 9mm. When we've ordered them in the past they've taken about 2 weeks to ship in. We've heard really good feedback on them but I havn't personally fired one yet but hope to soon...The Uzi mags model retails for $699 and the ones that take Glock mags are slightly higher...

Responding to previous questions from user graycrait...Thureon Defense offers 9mm and .45 that takes Uzi Mags...However, they recently just added a design change to include carbines that take Glock mags in .45 and 9mm. When we've ordered them in the past they've taken about 2 weeks to ship in. We've heard really good feedback on them but I havn't personally fired one yet but hope to soon...The Uzi mags model retails for $699 and the ones that take Glock mags are slightly higher...

This and another post in a different thread reminded me of this.

I was in your Maryville shop the other day, and you had both the Thureon (in .45ACP UZI mag version) and a JRC in .40S&W. Thought I would post to let any locals know if they wanted to swing by.

After fondling both, I have to say the JRC felt much better overall. The Thureon felt more 'substantial,' but I didn't care for the fore end compared to the JRC.

• 1 month later...
Guest klwehunt

Traded for a jrc a week or so ago,first mag it stovepiped 3 times.Next day called maufacturer they took the ser. number and said it was one of the first ones made with a bolt problem.They e-mailed me a ups shipping tag and said they would fix and return.The little rifle is light and short and feels real good and looks well made.When it returns i will post as to if it runs.I think it will make a good truck gun to go along with one of my Glock .45's.

• 4 months later...

Traded for a jrc a week or so ago,first mag it stovepiped 3 times.Next day called maufacturer they took the ser. number and said it was one of the first ones made with a bolt problem.They e-mailed me a ups shipping tag and said they would fix and return.The little rifle is light and short and feels real good and looks well made.When it returns i will post as to if it runs.I think it will make a good truck gun to go along with one of my Glock .45's.

How did the repair go?