plastic or leather holsters

Guest GLOCKGUY

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Darbley77

It is right now but once you got it set and cut the extra off the clips it wouldn't be an issue.....i dont think. I have it on right now and .....well......I really dont think it is for me. It conceals GREAT but its kinda like a pair of Nikes. They are great but not made for everyone.

Thanks. I like info like that. Another thing I was concerned about on the MTAC is the flat leather that your gun is against at all times. Can't be good for the finish. I know i'm gonna loose some of the finnish but i'd like to keep some to.

Edited by xd shooter
misspelled
Guest Darbley77

Well. The good news is I found a great carring position. At about 4 o'clock its feels great. I have it canted as much forward as it goes and its kinda feeling good right now.

And for the finish, I cant say much about it. My cousin has a a leather treatment that has stop that from being an issue. He has a Glock 36 and has for many years if finish has not worn off at all. I am more concerned about the Kydax rubbing the finish off the other side. I still dont know about it but I do know that the only other holster I found that may be as good is a Brommeland but its $140 and you cant change the cant of it so......I hope I helped and am more than willing to answer any more questions you may have.

Well. The good news is I found a great carring position. At about 4 o'clock its feels great. I have it canted as much forward as it goes and its kinda feeling good right now.

That's been my experience with most IWB holsters, they always feel much better behind the hip than they do on it at 3:00. The bigger the holster, the more true that is.

Guest Darbley77

Ok guys, here the last update on the MTAC. I just wore it out and and around town. Well, the good news is that I stayed concealed the whole time (to the best of my knowledge) but I just cant find a spot that stays comfortable. I know it may take time to "break in" but I can tell its not the holster for me. It is currently in the box waiting for Monday to be shipped back to Comp-Tac for a refund. So, that means its off to Frontier Firearms in Kingston, TN to find me a new one. So......anyone know anything about the Desantis Top Cop? It may be a good paddel holster. ;)

Guest Darbley77
XD, I carry a full size 1911 in a Comp-Tac CTAC.

Do you have any experience with the MTAC. I was wondering if the CTAC would be better for me. How does it feel while u drive? What position do u wear it?

Guest db99wj
Do you have any experience with the MTAC. I was wondering if the CTAC would be better for me. How does it feel while u drive? What position do u wear it?

As mentioned in your other thread, I have a CTAC with for my XD40 service model, I wear it all day long, I keep it between 3 o'clock and 4 0'clock. Usually around 4o'clock in the car, more so, so that I can get to it if need be :D (seat belt is a common problem for us right handed folks). Comparing them to the MTAC, I have heard that the MTAC is more comfortable, but I can't say for sure, and mine is comfortable enough that I am not willing, at this time, to buy a MTAC.

Guest clutepc

I have a MTAC I wear probably 12 -14 hours a day and no complaints with the way it feels or concealment.

I travel to various jobs all day with no problems in the car or at a office.

I've never tried the CTAC so I can't tell you anything on that one.

• 1 month later...

I bought the Crossbreed and like it. It wears very comfortably. $65 isn't bad for the price. The big leather piece on the back keeps body moisture and skin oil off your gun and keeps any uncomfortable sharp edges of your gun from digging into your backside.

• 1 month later...
Guest superslacker

I have hundreds of dollars of holsters in my drawer, but I quit buying any more when I got my Milt Sparks VersaMax II. I don't care if I have to wait six months and pay over a hundred dollars, it's the only holster I'll ever buy again, period. It's the only truly "comfortable" holster I've ever worn, even with a full size 1911, all day in the summer heat.

I bought the Crossbreed and like it. It wears very comfortably. $65 isn't bad for the price. The big leather piece on the back keeps body moisture and skin oil off your gun and keeps any uncomfortable sharp edges of your gun from digging into your backside.

I also have the crossbreed supertuck and find it to be very comfortable. I have a pair of shorts that are about 1/2 size too big and I use a heavy belt. The kydex makes reholstering very simple and safe. I assume that the CB and the MTAC are very similar holsters. Adjust the cant and experiment with the positions. It has made me a fan.DSCN0905.JPG

Guest REDDOG79

I am now using a Galco leather belt holster OWB for my Kimber Pro Carry II. I had a Fobus paddle holster but ripped two rivets out of it and bought the Galco to replace it. I like the leather even if it is open top with no retention.