Great rifle and pistol range in Woodbury...

Guest hawkeye10

Guest sqlightning
Well turns out im free tomorrow! Who is goin?! Leaving the boro at noon?

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

thats the plan. i've got my ammo loaded up and will load up the guns in the morning. if you want to meet up and car pool just pm me on here or call/text me (931)six nine eight - 0797

Bill

also, do they allow shotguns there?

Looks like I'm gonna try to make it out tomorrow around noon. But it all depends on when the UPS guy drops off my magnifier! Whole point of goin out there is to test it out! See you guys out there hopefully!

Btw, I was able to print my own targets, lol! There are a lot of free templates online. I hope I'll be able to hit/see these little targets! Ha!

I just wanted to let everyone know that it is now safe to drive the gravel road to this range because genius me took my convertible Mustang and used my rear left tire to pick up this:

IMAG0307.jpg

So don't worry, the road is safe now.

It's a one lane gravel road for everyone's information. Just in case, make sure you have a spare tire and don't take a nice car. Take a truck or something with clearance.There was one gravel uphill part I wasn't sure if the stang would make it. Doesn't help that the dang stang is rear wheel drive. I wasn't gonna attempt it with a deflating tire either.

I could see myself with a flat tire, nearly grounded out, trying to change a tire on a slope, blocking the road, no cell reception, and a good hour or twos walk from town, carrying a sack of heavy ass guns.Needless to say I turned around, changed the tire at a church in Auburntown after unwiring my sub to get to the spare, and pouted all the way home driving 40mph. FML. Now I have to find a new range. Or a new car... yeah right...

On the plus side, I got my tires balanced for free... lol

WolfAttack,

What gravel road are you talking about? There is no gravel on the road if you are going from Woodbury.

I was out there Wednesday morning with a friend on the rifle range for a bit. We went down to the pistol range and met the owner, who was rebuilding the target stands. He said guy are still shooting shotguns at them and destroying them. If you are going to shoot shotguns..... Use the berm in the parking area! The owner also mentioned that eventually he is going to mark off an area there to make it more clear where to shoot shotguns. He's a real nice guy and has given us the opportunity for an A+ range, so I hope it continues to be worth his while to maintain it.

Holy crap, I just looked at a map. I actually came from Auburntown and took a left onto Bryson Rd and right onto Fann Rd which is where I got the flat. I don't know wheeeeere my GPS was taking me. It prolly had something to do with not having any reception, lol. I think I'm gonna try and head up there again tomorrow. Thanks for the info!

• 2 months later...

One time I talked to the range owner a while back (last fall) before my first trip out there, and I think he said it was open from either sunrise or 7am to sunset. But honestly I can't remember for sure which one, or if either of those is correct. I was going to head out there tomorrow morning but have somewhere to be back in town mid-morning. What time does the range actually "open" and what would the proper ettiquette on an outdoor range be? Sunrise is 6:40 but that seems early. I know there are some houses in the general vicinity. The 7.62x54 is kinda loud.

Thanks,

P.S. yes I know it's going to be like 25 degrees. why did it have to get so cold suddenly....

Edited by Guest

I'm on vacation all this coming week. Just got my first AR and want to zero the scope in as well. I will be in Tullahoma all this week. Looking for a place i can go shoot my pistol, AR and maybe plink with my old 22. But i guess once i start plinking with the AR the 22 will be left in the closet.

I got other things to do as well this week. But hoping i can go shoot at least one day. Taking a couple friends riding( atv's) sometime this coming week as well.

Might have to check this place out.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest tswenka

Holy crap, I just looked at a map. I actually came from Auburntown and took a left onto Bryson Rd and right onto Fann Rd which is where I got the flat. I don't know wheeeeere my GPS was taking me. It prolly had something to do with not having any reception, lol. I think I'm gonna try and head up there again tomorrow. Thanks for the info!

Hehe....did you happen to cross a couple creeks as well? Sorry for the bad luck.

• 1 year later...
Guest Richard Boone

I agree that the OK Corral in Woodbury has an excellent rifle range, and the pistol range is outstanding as well. However, I had a very dissappointing visit to the range today.

I noticed last week when I visited the range that they had installed trap ranges. I was so excited! Ok Corral is open seven days a week, and I am off on Tuesday and Wednesday with my job. I could now take my wife trap shooting on my days off! And the prices were more than fair. The chart that I read basically stated $5 per 25 targets. $5 per "round" is cheaper than any other trap range close to Murfreesboro, TN.

Sadly, when I arrived with my wife, whom I had convinced to shoot two rounds with me, we were informed that we also had to pay the $5 daily charge per shooter.

If we had planned to shoot rifles or pistols as well as shotguns, that would have been ok. As we only planned to shoot two rounds of trap and call it a day, that seemed a bit much.

Every trap range that I have ever visited charged the customer per round of trap only. I had to explain to the lady working at the range that a "round" of trap consisted of 25 targets.

The OK Corral needs to run the trap range seperately from the other ranges and charge the going rate for trap. If someone wants to shoot more than trap, they will pay the $5 dollar daily fee.

Just a suggestion from someone who shoots a lot. Also someone who works in the industry and recomends ranges every day.

RDB

I agree that the OK Corral in Woodbury has an excellent rifle range, and the pistol range is outstanding as well. However, I had a very dissappointing visit to the range today.

I noticed last week when I visited the range that they had installed trap ranges. I was so excited! Ok Corral is open seven days a week, and I am off on Tuesday and Wednesday with my job. I could now take my wife trap shooting on my days off! And the prices were more than fair. The chart that I read basically stated $5 per 25 targets. $5 per "round" is cheaper than any other trap range close to Murfreesboro, TN.

Sadly, when I arrived with my wife, whom I had convinced to shoot two rounds with me, we were informed that we also had to pay the $5 daily charge per shooter.

If we had planned to shoot rifles or pistols as well as shotguns, that would have been ok. As we only planned to shoot two rounds of trap and call it a day, that seemed a bit much.

Every trap range that I have ever visited charged the customer per round of trap only. I had to explain to the lady working at the range that a "round" of trap consisted of 25 targets.

The OK Corral needs to run the trap range seperately from the other ranges and charge the going rate for trap. If someone wants to shoot more than trap, they will pay the $5 dollar daily fee.

Just a suggestion from someone who shoots a lot. Also someone who works in the industry and recomends ranges every day.

RDB

I'm assuming you've already been to the shotgun range in Christiana, but just in case you haven't, here's their website: http://www.bigspringsclaytargets.com/ .  $5 / round, nice facilities, all to spec for trap and skeet, plenty of bays.  The only thing I'd hold against them is that it's singles only for trap, but I don't hit the first clay enough to complain about a second opportunity to miss. 

I go to this range as often as I can. I love this range, I believe it's my favorite ever....besides free land shooting that is. I wish I lived closer, it's a pretty good drive. But I go with several co-workers and the ride is nice. I love shootin out in the hills of Woodbury. And if any of y'all haven't been in a few months, it has changed a lot. They are working on it every day. There are a lot more pistol ranges and small talk of putting in a 300 yard lane and some wishful thinking of a 400 yarder. They have to put in a shoot-through tunnel if they go out to 400 though, so I'm not holding my breath. But the ole ArmaLite will be loving it if they do! :)

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

smile.png Went to Woodbury and had a great time shooting today. They really have a nice range. About 7 firing points and you can shoot out to 200 yards. $5 to shoot all day or $100 per year. That ain't bad. Don

101_0055.jpg

101_0056.jpg

101_0057.jpg

They also have a nice pistol range.

101_0058.jpg

101_0059.jpg

Been there... done that! And, enjoyed it very much. It's great to get out in the country atmosphere, shoot, eat a brown bag lunch (which you bring), and relax...all for $5! Can't beat it. Wish we had something like this closer to the B'oro.