Great rifle and pistol range in Woodbury...

Guest hawkeye10

Been there... done that! And, enjoyed it very much. It's great to get out in the country atmosphere, shoot, eat a brown bag lunch (which you bring), and relax...all for $5! Can't beat it. Wish we had something like this closer to the B'oro.

The relaxing drive out to the Cannon County countryside is half the fun!

• Like 1

Headed out to O.K. in the morning. I know it's like 1000% chance of rain but hoping it will end early or be spotty and give us a chance to shoot for a while. I'll be out there with some people from work, anyone else going tomorrow?

No, I try to avoid it most Saturdays because of all the HCP classes. I usually go on Sunday afternoon-- as a matter of fact I will be going THIS Sunday... give the rain a chance to move out, and there are usually fewer HCP classes out there on Sundays.

No, I try to avoid it most Saturdays because of all the HCP classes. I usually go on Sunday afternoon-- as a matter of fact I will be going THIS Sunday... give the rain a chance to move out, and there are usually fewer HCP classes out there on Sundays.

I started out going Sunday's and still do sometimes. But when I go on Sunday, the weekend seems so much shorter, because we all know how time flies when you're shooting/anything fun. I agree about all of the classes on Saturday, but we cut out right around noon and miss most of them. Probably gonna need my mud boots today though Lmao!

The relaxing drive out to the Cannon County countryside is half the fun!

Ten four on that Tartanphantom! I'm not complaining, as a ride in the country is always relaxing to this ole country boy, that was raised on a farm, with game just out the back door. OK Corral would be worth the five bucks, if you only went out there and ate a sack lunch, and listened to the sounds from the woods. F...r...e...e...d...o...m! This my favorite of all the ranges I've been to. Hope it lasts forever.

• Like 2
Well we went, got there right after 9. Still sprinkling pretty good but eased up almost immediately. Had a few small mists off and on for 30 minutes then it was done. Stayed cloudy and cool the whole time, till the sun popped out fir the last 30 minutes we shot. Lol We left around 2:00 and went to Joe's on the square for lunch, I love that place!!!

Well we went, got there right after 9. Still sprinkling pretty good but eased up almost immediately. Had a few small mists off and on for 30 minutes then it was done. Stayed cloudy and cool the whole time, till the sun popped out fir the last 30 minutes we shot. Lol We left around 2:00 and went to Joe's on the square for lunch, I love that place!!!

Joe's Place has killer burgers...

smile.png Went to Woodbury and had a great time shooting today. They really have a nice range. About 7 firing points and you can shoot out to 200 yards. $5 to shoot all day or $100 per year. That ain't bad. Don

101_0055.jpg

101_0056.jpg

101_0057.jpg

They also have a nice pistol range.

101_0058.jpg

101_0059.jpg

I was eating lunch with the owners sister (lady that takes your money) the other day and she said that they were no longer doing the memberships.at all. At $5 per day you would have be be spending a bunch of time out there to make it worth the membership any how. They are great folks and offer a very nice range to shoot at.. Shhh don't tell anyone though.

I was eating lunch with the owners sister (lady that takes your money) the other day and she said that they were no longer doing the memberships.at all. At $5 per day you would have be be spending a bunch of time out there to make it worth the membership any how. They are great folks and offer a very nice range to shoot at.. Shhh don't tell anyone though.

Whoops, just realized that this was an old post.

I don't know why some people complain that its to expensive to shoot trap the guy has to pay for those machines somehow he told me they are $8000 each

They are expensive! My uncle had one and he payed $7,000 years ago. It sounds expensive when your up at sign in but I have taken folks out there and shot for a couple hours and never spent more than $25. I guess if you showed up with a Saiga 12 and a couple dozen drum mags preloaded you could run up a tab but who doesn't shoot a round and have to reload etc...?

Anyone care to have a local TGO "meet up" out there sometime in the near future?

I'm up for it--

My girlfriend & I went out to O.K. Corral yesterday-- first trip out there in about a month or so. Since they built the 3 additional "HCP dedicated" pistol ranges, it's pretty easy to get on any of the other four pistol ranges. Also spent some time at the rifle range-- as always, had a great time on an absolutely beautiful Sunday afternoon. 

Great place to shoot in the country.

Edited by tartanphantom

I'm up for it--

My girlfriend & I went out to O.K. Corral yesterday-- first trip out there in about a month or so. Since they built the 3 additional "HCP dedicated" pistol ranges, it's pretty easy to get on any of the other four pistol ranges. Also spent some time at the rifle range-- as always, had a great time on an absolutely beautiful Sunday afternoon. 

Great place to shoot in the country.

I actually just started a thread in the "events and gatherings" section since this is an older thread that some folks may not check out. Chime in over there if you will so we can keep every one that's interested in the loop easier. I really enjoy it out there though.