Help me decide on my next EDC.

vaiger

pfries, what is the .25 trigger job you are referring to on the LC9?

All points of contact during pull polished, rear sight removed and cleared notch in firing pin to stop the hang I was having just prior to break. Removing the mag safety removes one small spring from the stacking of spring tension.

It smoothed out the pull very noticeably and cleaned the break up enough that it is a surprise when it goes unless I am paying close attention to the length I have pulled

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, this morning in passing my wife says she would like to carry the 3at more. The gun show this morning had a new PF9 for $249. The cheapest I had found them was at CDNN for $229, so after I paid the shipping and transfer I would have been back at $249 anyway. I suspect I will end up with a .45 also in the near future, but for now, I guess my decision is made. Thanks to you all for the input.

• 3 weeks later...

Without getting in to a debate, my EDC is a Taurus 709 slim. I love it for its intended purpose. NEVER had an issue! Fabulous trigger pull (single action). Next choice (now that I have carried/shot long enough to truly appreciate a good trigger pull) would be the Sig P238. 709 feels better in my hand & much cheaper. Just my opinion...

im really impressed with the CZs....after seing the Hickock vid and doing plenty of research

im finding out that they are like some hidden gem and a spectacular firearm

I held one today (compact) and it was like a glove.......I want the alum frame version

The Springfield xd line is made by CZ and when I got my XD40 one of the gun dealers near me said that CZ is probably the most underrated gun on the market. That is best for the price.

JTM🔫

Sent from my iPhone

The Springfield xd line is made by CZ and when I got my XD40 one of the gun dealers near me said that CZ is probably the most underrated gun on the market. That is best for the price.

JTM

Sent from my iPhone

??? where did you hear CZ made them?

IM Metal and they changed names to HS Produkt

HS PRODUKT d.o.o.

Guest bkelm18

JTM

Sent from my iPhone

The XD and XDm line are most certainly not made by CZ. They are made in Croatia by HS Produkt.

Guest twpayne75
All points of contact during pull polished, rear sight removed and cleared notch in firing pin to stop the hang I was having just prior to break. Removing the mag safety removes one small spring from the stacking of spring tension.

It smoothed out the pull very noticeably and cleaned the break up enough that it is a surprise when it goes unless I am paying close attention to the length I have pulled

So did you also polish the firing pin safety? Cause you don't remove the rear sight to take out the firing pin.

I bought an LC9 on a whim a few months ago. I brought it home, cleaned it, loaded up a couple boxes of fmjs, and headed to the range. Afterwards I cleaned it again, put it back in the box, and sold it the next day. The trigger sucked.

I made the mistake of selling it to my wifes cousin. He asked me if I could do anything with the trigger. He was complaining about the catch right before it broke. I ended up taking a 1/1000 or so off the corner of the firing pin. I didn't mess with the firing pin safety plunger so there was no need to take the rear sight off.

And my contribution to this thread. I prefer carrying a bit more of a gun. Currently a HK P2000. But my wife carries a CW9 daily and loves it. She has never had a malfunction with it. And shoots it quite well. You have to work really hard to get it to print. I can drop it into one of my holsters and I cannot tell it's there.

Guest Lester Weevils

The CW9 is the same size as my P9, 3.6" barrel, very thin but a little bigger than a Kahr PM 9 or CM 9. On the other hand, much easier to carry than a G26. G26 is longer and fatter, though it also has higher mag capacity.

I routinely pocket carry a P9 but always wear cargo pants and never have to wear suits with small front pockets. A P9 or CW9 is about as big a gun as would be easy to pocket carry. It is easy and pleasant to shoot them. Fits great in the hand, not-horrible trigger, very light-weight, very thin, no more perceived recoil than a full-size Beretta 92 or CZ-75.

Never shot a PM9 or CM9 that has a 3" barrel and much shorter grip. I don't do good with tiny grips, but maybe a PM9 would be the exception that breaks the rule.

Kinda have a feeling I could shoot a P238 pretty good, and might eventually buy one to find out. Cocked and locked.

Edited by Lester Weevils