police pistols

bayouvol

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to their website, Česká Zbrojovka claims the CZ 75 is in service with "more Governments, Militaries, Police and Security agencies than any other pistol in the world."

They couldn't say it if it weren't true, right?;)

The M&P has been accepted by a lot of departments, and there are still a lot of the older S&W’s still in use. They could possibly be #1.

But anyone can claim anything, that information isn’t available and the manufactures won’t release sales numbers.

I thought CZ was the most used, or one of them, worldwide (?). They are not popular in the USA, where the DA has been pushed aside by the "striker" designs and "cocked and locked" is unpopular with departments. Usa I would venture a guess that S&W is #2, and my guess is that price is the issue, even with deals and whatnot sig costs more for a nearly identical gun, H&K is pricy, even beretta isnt always cheap and here again DA is not the flavor of the year, most berettas are DA. I think if you look at the main striker guns, you boil it down to glock, S&W, and XD for reasonably priced models.

I have seen a study that wasnt that old and I dont know if it even included Federal agencies but glock had 80ish percent and Sig and S&W were within 1% of one another, I dont remember which was higher. I do remember thinking whoever done the study seamed like a pretty unbiased source.

Do you have the XD45's? Intresting how it seems the 45s are the only ones ever seen been used by Police.It seems like the Glock 22 is by far the most commonly used police pistol in TN. I cant think of a single department using a 40 thats not a Glock in TN.

Clarksville Police carry Glock, APSU Campus Police carry Glock. I'm not sure on MCSO.

CPD have Glock in .40 . I have seen APSU have Glock and Beretta . MCSO have SIg in .40 for the road deputies and some of the Jailers use Glocks . Tn State Troopers are using Glocks . They did have .40 caliber but have now went to the .357Sig caliber.

Custom and Immigration officers carry Berettas 96
There being phased out and actually the H&K LE 40's that were replacing the Berettas are being replaced also. Homeland Securtiy is going to SIG 229R DAK across the board. Air Marshals and Secret Service are the exception.