Closed 3 accounts at Regions Bank today because of their stupid no guns sign

guntalk

My wife and I closed our accounts at Regions Bank today, and it felt great. The manager (or whatever her title is) said they never like hearing that and asked "Why?", and I said it was because of their anti-2nd amendment sticker on the front door. She said "Really?". i said "Yes, my wife and I have CCW permits, and we don't want to do business with a company that denies us our Constitutional Rights". When she came back with our checks, she mentioned it was to make them feel safe (she didn't say who the "them" were, employees or clients), and otherwise, she seemed completely clueless.

We are moving our money to a smaller, local bank where we are actually friends with the people that work there. AND, they don't have one of those nasty signs on their front door.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife works for a local bank. I took my CCW class at the bank with the majority of the bank's officers and their spouses.

I haven't seen the signs at our local Region's, but I will be checking.

The gunbuster is on the front door at the branch in front of Barksdale elementary.

Well at least we have options here. In Nevada all banks are off limits to carry! But way to go to the OP for standing up and making the choice!

As a Nevada resident (hopefully soon to be Tennessee resident), I've gotta speak up on this one.

It's simply not true. There is no law in Nevada that prohibits carry in banks. The banks may tell you this, but they're full of crap wrong. I regularly carry in my bank (both open and concealed), even though they have signs on the door.

In Nevada, the sign at a private business means absolutely nothing. If they ask you to leave, then it's either leave or be trespassed. No gun law is involved, only trespass law. And this goes for any business where carry is not specifically prohibited by law, such as airport secure areas, schools, licensed childcare facilities, etc.

Public buildings (read: government buildings) are different. They can prohibit concealed carry by posting signs and/or metal detectors at all doors, and it must be at ALL public doors to be legal. This does not apply to open carry, since that law only applies to concealed carry. Many on the opencarry.org board open carry at the NV DMV with no issues.

The banks in NV may think that they're considered a public building, since they're open to the public. In NV law, "Public Building" refers only to buildings being used by the government, for government business.

i am closing mine today. been trying to do a transaction for 6 months and was easier to leave money there for that time.i have been told it is the home office doing it not the bank managers. funny thing the signs in the home office state mean nothing just have to leave if told to.

I took far too long to close out my account after noticing the no guns sign. I just always used my debit card and always had pending transactions and could never close it. Until one day I took a delivery to the Regions off Charlotte and 46th. No tip. Between that AND the no gun crap that I should've already closed the account for anyway, I buckled down, spent nothing but my cash tips when I needed to spend money for a couple days, and moved everything to Suntrust.

It is company policy. However, some managers, in less "monitored" areas might not have put them up. If the Regions sign police come around, they will tell them to put them up, or might do it themselves.

Guest .45packer

No "Gun Buster" sign at the new branch in Mt. Juliet. Moving our accounts anyway to a smaller local bank, one that does business the old fashioned way. Back when all the "sub-prime" mortgage stuff was going on, our small town local bank didn't get caught up in that. They said you either qualify for the loan or you don't. No "bail-out money" was taken either. Annnd, they know us by name when we go in the door.

Guest ArmaDeFuego

I never understood how those signs could make someone feel "safe." They must just be ignorant & not stop & think about it. All they are doing is denying law abiding citizens the right to carry guns in for their own protection. Why in God's green Earth do they think that a bank robber is going to look at the sign & say "Oh I cant carry a gun in there, I better go rob a different bank."

Idiots....

I hate to admit that I actually still bank with Regions. The sign only bothers me from a moral standpoint as I do pretty much ALL of my banking online. I can probably count on 1 hand the number of times I've actually been to the branch this entire year. I would change but changing all my bills & direct deposit & stuff over would just be a giant headache that I'm not willing to do over JUST the posted signs on their door. I was definitely going to drop them over the debit card fees, but they wisely decided to not charge those so I may stick with them for a while longer.

Edited by ArmaDeFuego
I never understood how those signs could make someone feel "safe." They must just be ignorant & not stop & think about it. All they are doing is denying law abiding citizens the right to carry guns in for their own protection. Why in God's green Earth do they think that a bank robber is going to look at the sign & say "Oh I cant carry a gun in there, I better go rob a different bank."

Idiots....

I hate to admit that I actually still bank with Regions. The sign only bothers me from a moral standpoint as I do pretty much ALL of my banking online. I can probably count on 1 hand the number of times I've actually been to the branch this entire year. I would change but changing all my bills & direct deposit & stuff over would just be a giant headache that I'm not willing to do over JUST the posted signs on their door. I was definitely going to drop them over the debit card fees, but they wisely decided to not charge those so I may stick with them for a while longer.

Change "Regions" to "Bank of America" and I could very well have written the last paragraph myself. Would dearly love to drop them, but don't want the hassle of changing everything over.

Whiskey,

can you tell us about the bank in claksville that gives ccw class......good for us

jimmy

Well, they don't give classes. It was just 1 class for employees and spouses, but it is a great local bank.

They recently changed from a Federal charter to a State charter which forced a name change. They were First Federal Savings Bank, now it's First Advantage Bank. Local to Clarksville.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.