Ladies Roll Call...

Guest Natosha

Guest Angel 24/7

That is the bad thing about the internet. Sometimes you can't read people. I think he is married anyway?

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator

Yeah, I kind of figured it was a joke also. But here's a bad scenerio:

A woman is assaulted and decides to find a handgun to protect herself in the future. She comes here either before or after buying a handgun, looking for good information and a place where she can learn more about her right to self defense. Upon visiting, she finds a few threads that she likes but more importantly she notices that there are posts from men in the Ladies forum where it appears like they are hitting on them.

This woman becomes disgusted and leaves, never seeing that it was all a joke or just a random incident of a guy being a typical guy and "thinking with the wrong head". It hits too close to home for her either way and she leaves before the other members of TGO can be of assistance to her.

I'd rather we avoid that sort of thing in the Ladies forum. Cutting up between guys and gals is OK elsewhere but this one particular forum is one where it should be off limits. Or at least that's my theory.

:D

Guest titanwolf
Just remember I do work in nashville. She probably wouldn't have you anyway. I try too hard to keep her happy. Good try though.

I am joking everyone, sorry to create a stir

Yes, I am marrried, she loves me and puts up with me so

I guess I will keep her, again joking :D

Guest titanwolf
That is the bad thing about the internet. Sometimes you can't read people. I think he is married anyway?

yes, posted that in another topic

Guest Angel 24/7
Angel is right (see what yall made me say:)) I was joking myself though I guess I could have worded it different. Sorry Ladies.

O & titanwolf too.

OMG! I have it in writing! WOW.....:tinfoil:

Hey ladies ! Im new to the site and to shooting ( 2 times to be exact ) so hang in there with me. I'm Looking forward to meeting some of you at the meet-ups. Ok, Well I just thought I would get on here and say hello to everyone and start tring to learn more. Happy shooting :-)

Welcome from someone right down the road in Antioch.

• 10 months later...
Guest arktwins

Hey all, new to the board here. I have had my permit now for about 4 or 5 months. Since we (DH and I) just started carrying in the colder weather, we've been carrying OWB. I have a crossbreed IWB, but I didn't like it because I couldn't get a good grip during class. The new OWB I got has zero cant to it also. I love it. I carry a Springfield 40 semi-auto.

Hey all, new to the board here. I have had my permit now for about 4 or 5 months. Since we (DH and I) just started carrying in the colder weather, we've been carrying OWB. I have a crossbreed IWB, but I didn't like it because I couldn't get a good grip during class. The new OWB I got has zero cant to it also. I love it. I carry a Springfield 40 semi-auto.

Welcome, arktwins! Where do you live in our great state?

• 2 weeks later...

I've been off for awhile but I wanted to say "hi" to everyone here (both new & current); am working now (thank GOD) and find little time these days. I haven't gone to the range in a bit...the ammo scarcity is making it a bit difficult for me to shoot off my .38 & .380. Good news is that I have plenty of .22LR ammo for my .22 I bought last month! In a few weeks I'll be on my way to an outdoor range. Hope everyone is well.

Hi MrsS!

Good to hear from you! Congrats on your job.....not so easy to find work these days. I know what you mean about shooting. Between the scarcity of ammo and the recession, I haven't been shooting much either. It is nice to have a .22 or three in times like these! :D

What kind of .22 did you get?

Hi MrsS!

Good to hear from you! Congrats on your job.....not so easy to find work these days. I know what you mean about shooting. Between the scarcity of ammo and the recession, I haven't been shooting much either. It is nice to have a .22 or three in times like these! :rolleyes:

What kind of .22 did you get?

A Mossberg plinkster.

Hi Ladies, I also started working, it's a part time job and when I am not working I am usually on my bike. I won't be riding for a while though because of surgery but will as soon as I am able.

I also don't shoot much these days because of the economy.

Guest putmanphoto

Hello ladies - jsut registered on this forum today - I am glad to see there are threads relating to the women.... I am also on Women & Guns....

I carry a S&W M&P 40 - just got it a couple of weeks ago. I did carry a Taurus 38UL... it is a great gun to carry concealed and I love to shoot it... I have fallen for my S&W and I carry it on a daily basis - especially since I fired it for the first time Friday night....

Guest SigGrl

I'm just checking back in. I haven't been on in a while. I'm in the same boat as everyone else about the ammo. Buk usually buys in bulk, but we are starting to run low now.

Just put a Taurus 1911 PT on layaway at Hero Gear's big sale. WOOT!

I need to go check out that forum.

• 1 month later...
Guest tnvolfan

I'm a new member, from K-town, and love to shoot on Tuesdays at Coal Creek Armory! Best regards to fella members from Knoxville!

• 2 weeks later...

My name is Nikki Goeser. I am here because I am at a point in my life where I need some support from like minded people. My husband "Ben" was shot and killed right infront of me on April 2, 2009.

Murder Victim's Wife Speaks Out - NewsChannel 5.com - Nashville, Tennessee -

I am properly trained on how to shoot and I have a handgun carry permit but because of Tn State Law, I had to leave my weapon locked in my car the night my husband was murdered. I am furious with the law makers in the State of Tn. I hold them just as responsible as I do the man that shot the gun. I am here to give my husband a voice and to support the Restaurant Carry Bill that is awaiting Governor Phil Bredesen's signature. Had I been allowed to carry that night, I believe my husband would still be alive today. Ben & I had planned on having children soon. We had already bought a baby crib (it was on sale). I look at that crib everyday and it hurts more than anyone could ever imagine. Knowing what my life was going to be like and how very different it is now going to be without my husband. My house no longer has laughter but rather silence. I am forced to re-live this nightmare everyday when I wake up. This is something I would not wish on my worst enemy. I want something positive to come from Ben's death. I want others who are still alive today to remain LIVING. Ben bought me my handgun for my birthday last year. That gun should have saved his life. Bad guys don't care about the Law. Good citizens should be allowed to protect themselves and their family from these monsters that have evil intentions. I hope nobody ever has to go through what I am going through right now. Please call Governor Bredesen's office and let him know about Ben and that you support the Restaurant Carry Bill and you WANT HIM TO SIGN IT.

I carry a Smith & Wesson .38 Airweight

I also own a Ruger SP101 .357 Magnum

Thank You,

Nikki Goeser

Welcome to TGO Nikki. I am very glad you found us!

I am so very sorry for your loss. I want you to know that I do support the Retaurant Carry bill and I will definitely call the governors office and let him know how I feel.

Please let me know if there's anything else I can do to help you.

Guest TheBadLuckCharm

That's because it is dominated by men and if you wanna get a good answer you have to post in the other forums, except for the occasional men lurking in the women's forum.:D

and all the women are on womenandguns.com

But it would be nice to find local people!

Edited by TheBadLuckCharm