Ladies Roll Call...

Guest Natosha

Guest TheBadLuckCharm
My name is Nikki Goeser. I am here because I am at a point in my life where I need some support from like minded people. My husband "Ben" was shot and killed right infront of me on April 2, 2009.

Murder Victim's Wife Speaks Out - NewsChannel 5.com - Nashville, Tennessee -

I am properly trained on how to shoot and I have a handgun carry permit but because of Tn State Law, I had to leave my weapon locked in my car the night my husband was murdered. I am furious with the law makers in the State of Tn. I hold them just as responsible as I do the man that shot the gun. I am here to give my husband a voice and to support the Restaurant Carry Bill that is awaiting Governor Phil Bredesen's signature. Had I been allowed to carry that night, I believe my husband would still be alive today. Ben & I had planned on having children soon. We had already bought a baby crib (it was on sale). I look at that crib everyday and it hurts more than anyone could ever imagine. Knowing what my life was going to be like and how very different it is now going to be without my husband. My house no longer has laughter but rather silence. I am forced to re-live this nightmare everyday when I wake up. This is something I would not wish on my worst enemy. I want something positive to come from Ben's death. I want others who are still alive today to remain LIVING. Ben bought me my handgun for my birthday last year. That gun should have saved his life. Bad guys don't care about the Law. Good citizens should be allowed to protect themselves and their family from these monsters that have evil intentions. I hope nobody ever has to go through what I am going through right now. Please call Governor Bredesen's office and let him know about Ben and that you support the Restaurant Carry Bill and you WANT HIM TO SIGN IT.

I carry a Smith & Wesson .38 Airweight

I also own a Ruger SP101 .357 Magnum

Thank You,

Nikki Goeser

Yeah, I saw that on the news. Words can't express how sorry I am. Welcome and thanks for spreading your story and the bill.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's because it is dominated by men and if you wanna get a good answer you have to post in the other forums, except for the occasional men lurking in the women's forum.:D

and all the women are on womenandguns.com

But it would be nice to find local people!

I'm confused here. What is dominated by men? And get a good answer to what??? :D

• Administrator
That's because it is dominated by men and if you wanna get a good answer you have to post in the other forums, except for the occasional men lurking in the women's forum.:)

and all the women are on womenandguns.com

But it would be nice to find local people!

Us men can only encourage so many women to post without getting in trouble with our wives. :cool: It's up to you all to grow this forum if you want it to be more active!

Guest TheBadLuckCharm
I'm confused here. What is dominated by men? And get a good answer to what??? :D

1.This site is dominated by men who can not give personal experience as a female gun owner.

2.Answers to questions on firearms since you don't get as many responses in here.

TGO David is correct,but it leads back to the problem cycle-posting in the other forums.:D

Edited by TheBadLuckCharm
1.This site is dominated by men who can not give personal experience as a female gun owner.

2.Answers to questions on firearms since you don't get as many responses in here.

TGO David is correct,but it leads back to the problem cycle-posting in the other forums.:tough:

Ok, I get that....I just didn't/don't get whose post you were commenting on. ;)

Guest Alucards_Hell

Hi all gun tgo here from Nashville!!!!

Great site here ,I love all the information that is posted !!

I carry a S&W 357 magnum~~

I wear it in a holster that I clip on my belt.

Did I mention I LOVE MY PERMIT!!!

;)

Hi all gun tgo here from Nashville!!!!

Great site here ,I love all the information that is posted !!

I carry a S&W 357 magnum~~

I wear it in a holster that I clip on my belt.

Did I mention I LOVE MY PERMIT!!!

:screwy:

Welcome! :poop:

New from Nashville. My baby is a .38 S&W Mod.60 no dash loaded with Federal Nyclad 125gr hp.

Welcome! :)

Guest Alucards_Hell
Hi Girls!

Welcome to you both! :)

I hope ya'll stick around and start posting more! We need more ladies around here! :poop:

I plan on it ,I love reading the post in the other threads......really answers a lot of questions!!!

Guest Alucards_Hell
Welcome - I carry M&P.40 - OWB holster - I also love my permit......

Isn't the permit the BEST??

I love the looks people give me when I walk in to a store or business.....

and WHY do men always say "Whoa ,better not mess with her!!"

Is that the brightest thing they can come up with to say? I think sometimes people should "Think" before they "talk"

lol....sorry just something that bugs me a little that's all.......:poop:

Guest tnvolfan

Administrative Note... I am removing this post as it contains patently false information about the Handgun Carry Permit in Tennessee. Leaving it here would just cause confusion among the membership. Sorry.

--TGO David

Edited by TGO David
Alucards -- it's a "concealed carry permit,"...

I generally don't respond here much, just read, but I'm sorry, that's just wrong, tnvolfan.

Tennessee issues an HCP. That's Handgun Carry Permit.

Many states' permits are indeed "concealed" permits, but not ours.

While I do not open carry for various reasons, I respect everyone's choice who does. And it's perfectly legal, of course.

best,

- OS

When I first got my Tennessee Gun Permit over 10 years ago, it was a "Concealed Carry Permit." But they changed that at some point to concealed or open carry. Now, like Oh Shoot said, it's called a "Handgun Carry Permit" and we are allowed to Open Carry if we choose to do so.

I don't open carry, mainly because I feel that concealed carry gives me a tactical advantage if I were to find myself in a "situation." If the bad guy sees that you have a gun, he's certainly going to change his tactics in a hurry! I do agree that it's a personal choice though.

Guest Alucards_Hell

I carry my gun on my hip....I paid a good bit of money for that right.....if I am threatened I promise I do not want to be messing with anything that will interfere with me accessing my gun....I want the bad guy to see that I am not a target.....I want him to see he has a fight here.....maybe then he will move onto the next person and will leave me and my three sons alone...I respect everyone's right to carry the way you feel comfortable,and I use common sense on where I carry openly....I just think it is funny when people say that comment about women and guns...

Guest Angel 24/7

I choose to carry Concealed. But, I do have a funny story, I am a General Manager of a Restaurant and I do pop ins at night. I popped in and I was carring on my hip my S&W M&P9 I was in the Kitchen getting on to the crew for what ever it was they were doing wrong and I bent down and my gun decided to take a peek out from under my shirt. Not many of my employees know I carry. It was a bunch of 16-17 year olds. They are a little more frightened of me now. After I left they had no clue that you could carry a gun with out working for the police. So the next time I saw my teenagers we had a talk about their rights to carry and the responsibility of it.My manager that was on that shift said she about wet herself laughing at how they were talking about me.

I can just hear the teeny boppers talking back in the kitchen after you left......."Man, she must be an undercover cop or something!" "Dude, we better not **** with her!" :)

Well, I'm glad to hear that you educated them about the rights and responsibilities involved with carrying a firearm! ;)

Guest Alucards_Hell
I choose to carry Concealed. But, I do have a funny story, I am a General Manager of a Restaurant and I do pop ins at night. I popped in and I was carring on my hip my S&W M&P9 I was in the Kitchen getting on to the crew for what ever it was they were doing wrong and I bent down and my gun decided to take a peek out from under my shirt. Not many of my employees know I carry. It was a bunch of 16-17 year olds. They are a little more frightened of me now. After I left they had no clue that you could carry a gun with out working for the police. So the next time I saw my teenagers we had a talk about their rights to carry and the responsibility of it.My manager that was on that shift said she about wet herself laughing at how they were talking about me.

That is so funny...I usually wear mine in that way ,on my hip BUT a loose shirt over it...nice firearm BTW...

I have only recently moved to TN and do not have my TN HCP. I do have an Arizona CCW. I am lusting after a Kimber for carry, but that will have to wait a while. I have an XD 40 SC which I find a bit large for carrying.

Hope to see some of you at a shoot one day soon. I see plans for a June meet.