New Look and Feel

Guest edc

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On text that is unreadable with the current color scheme, like blue on black, you can highlight the text and it will make it something that is easier to read. Just drag your mouse across the text while holding the left-button down. Not a perfect solution, but it will enable you to read the posts.

• Administrator

Quick Thanksgiving reply...

First, thanks for the feedback - both the compliments and the suggestions for improvement. I actually was up til about 4am (since about 5am yesterday) taking care of an emergency at work, so I had some free time to get the new "theme" to a point where I felt it needed to be released publicly. This lets me get valuable input from you all while I continue to tweak it. I doubt very much tweaking will happen today as I'll be spending it with my friends and family. :rolleyes:

Second, as I stated previously a version with black text on a lighter background is in the works. Bear with me. It'll be at least a few days before it makes an appearance unless things just click together sooner than that. Answers about how you select the lighter version (etc) will be made clear at that point.

Lastly, I am definitely making notes of the other suggestions and will incorporate as many of them as are possible. The goal, as always, is to provide a place you all WANT to hang out.

Thanks again and keep the comments coming.

Guest BenderBendingRodriguez

So far I like it (after getting over the initial shock), and I find it easy to read. What I do not find quite as easy is (1) telling the difference between threads where there are unread new posts and threads where there are not and (2) seeing which threads you have posted in.

The bold vs. unbold white on new posts just doesn't stand out the way bolded black stood out, and the little box inside the folder doesn't catch the eye like the green reply badge did.

Other than that, it seems like it's so far so good IMO. Thanks for working to keep things fresh.

Guest Don't-Tread-On-Me

Was a bit of a shock to wake up to... Thought my Macbook was freaking out, as I fell asleep reading last night and it slid off on the floor ***THUD!!!*** (UGH)...It was fine (thank God)...I love the new richer warmer look MUCH easier on my eyes for reading, and you can still use COLOR no problem...

My one request for a new button on the intro page would be a direct link to the "CLASSIFIEDS" as that's where I go first every time...Happy Thanksgiving and keep up the fine work...

Quick Thanksgiving reply...

First, thanks for the feedback - both the compliments and the suggestions for improvement. I actually was up til about 4am (since about 5am yesterday) taking care of an emergency at work, so I had some free time to get the new "theme" to a point where I felt it needed to be released publicly. This lets me get valuable input from you all while I continue to tweak it. I doubt very much tweaking will happen today as I'll be spending it with my friends and family. :popcorn:

Second, as I stated previously a version with black text on a lighter background is in the works. Bear with me. It'll be at least a few days before it makes an appearance unless things just click together sooner than that. Answers about how you select the lighter version (etc) will be made clear at that point.

Lastly, I am definitely making notes of the other suggestions and will incorporate as many of them as are possible. The goal, as always, is to provide a place you all WANT to hang out.

Thanks again and keep the comments coming.

David, You and your staff of mods do a great job. This site is *already* a place where folks want to hang out, without regards to layout.

Bert

i like the newlook but the black with white letters is startingb to make my eyes hurt. will be glad when they change
It looks get.

But, After a while my eyes hurt . So I'll be looking foward to the other version.

Thanks David

Sure appreciate your ongoing efforts, David, but yeah, the white on black is just too contrasty for me. Text tends to "bloom" after a short while.

- OS

The lighter option is definitely better for my eyes. The bolding between read and unread posts is much better defined. One thing I did notice is that when inside a category, the Forum Tools pulldown has a white on light grey color pair for highlighted item. On my screen it is so similar, you can't read the link. Not a big deal since it is only the one highlighted item on the list, but you might want to put it on your look at list.

It also happens on the Quick Navigation pulldown.