LE Duty Handguns in the State of TN

Patton

• 2 weeks later...
Guest biohazardmatthew

By the way both the Sumner County Sheriff's Office and Gallatin PD carry Glocks in .40 but I don't know their cute little Glock numbers.

Sumner County SO uses Glock 22 Gen 3

It's hard to believe how much money the government sends to foreign countries when there are so many quality handguns made in the USA.

I believe all new Glocks are made in Georgia. The good ole USA. New Sigs and HKs are made in the USA too.

• Like 2

I believe all new Glocks are made in Georgia. The good ole USA. New Sigs and HKs are made in the USA too.

Negative. Glock is making guns in Georgia now but they are all being exported. Any Glock you buy here in the U.S. is made in Austria. Strange isn't it?

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
Guest Victor9er

That may be the TVA police but not the Nuke plants. I think those guys are actually being put out on the street.

Yeah, that's what I meant. The TVA police... I know someone that's an officer and he had told me they were issued the G22's and I think it was the 23 also... it's either that or the G27, I can't remember which.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Fergie0660

Claiborne co sheriffs office issues glock 22/23 officer supplied b.u.g. seen everything under the sun.

Tazewell glock 22 and 27s

New Tazewell glock 22 and keltec .380s

Cumberland Gap FN 5.7, only has one officer.

Tennessee Drug task force glock 31 not sure if its state wide or not.

Guest oldcoptn46

Anybody heard a rumor that the Knoxville Police Department is switching to Sigs? B

SWAT team now has Sig 1911 tac ops

• 1 month later...
Guest 357 Mag

Henderson Police Dept (Henderson Tennessee)

Uses Glock 23 Gen 4

What about Chester Co. S.O.? My father ( deceased ) was a CCSO reserve in the 1970's, and his cousin was Sheriff Bell, who held office for a long time. I don't know who holds the office now after Sheriff Davidson passed. Seems like more city and county agencies, that are in that same county, should carry the same weapon to be able to interchange magazines in emergencies.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest carpma11

I know it's an anomaly, but I was in the Firehouse Subs in the Berry Hill/100 Oaks area in Nashville and two cops came in to roust a bum out of the restaurant. I happened to glance at the weapons they were carrying (as I'm sure about everyone here does). One had the standard issue Glock, nothing shocking there. The other one had a cocked-and-locked 1911! I could also see that he had the magwell beveled and everything. I guess guns are just a tool of the job for some officers, but it was cool to recognize a real "gun guy" on the force.

• 3 months later...

SORRY for the duplicate post.  I see this was already covered under "Newsworthy Reports".  Please disregard.

News from Knoxville Police Dept.

Saying goodbye to Glock and Hello to Sig.  Oh yeah, also bumping up to .45acp

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2013/jan/23/kpd-switching-to-higher-caliber-service-weapons/

Edited by sschrick
  • Like 1