Put about 370 rounds through the XD-9 today

Guest Fastzntn

Guest Fastzntn

I love this gun! I went to On Target and took a coworker who is new to shooting. She was all over the place at first, but then got a lot better. I ended up just putting 5 rounds in each mag so she could shoot then take a break. We had a full silhouette target up, I let her aim for center mass and I took head shots :up:

I had one failure to feed today... Gee I wonder why??????

RemingtonUMC9mm.jpg

This is Remington UMC 9mm that I got from Wally World. The round on the left is ok, the one on the right is about 3mm shorter than it should be. I noticed it before putting the round in the mag. I tried it all by itself just to see if it would chamber, but it didn't. So my only failure to feed was self induced:)

Other than the apparent quality control issue, I did like the Remington UMC. It seemed to be as accurate or better than the Winchester I usually use, and also seemed to have a little bit more kick. I'm going to email Remington if I can find their address and send attach this picture. We'll see what they say........

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

that'll happen. that'll happen with with expensive ammo. if you chamber a round in your carry gun and remove every night, that'll happen as well. the round will get pressed too far, or will be light on powder, causing a squib. if you choose to chamber a round that looks like that, be careful, make sure it exits the barrel:up:

edit: by the way, i'm glad you love your xd, congrats!

Guest Fastzntn
I shot my XD-9 today too. I love shooting it. I hate buying ammo, though :D

That was one of the selling points for this gun in 9mm for me- it's a heck of a lot cheaper to shoot than my M1 Carbine.

I still went through about $60 in ammo on Sunday though :up:

Edit: no pics of the coworker holding the gun. I was too busy coaching to take pictures.

Guest GlocKingTN
That was one of the selling points for this gun in 9mm for me- it's a heck of a lot cheaper to shoot than my M1 Carbine.

I still went through about $60 in ammo on Sunday though :D

Edit: no pics of the coworker holding the gun. I was too busy coaching to take pictures.

Thats alot of dough for some ammo isn't it?:puke: