YHM .308 QD Titanium

I got the paperwork done, just waiting for the police chief to send it back. Not sure if I can wait for 6 months! Working on a 300 blackout upper build and will save up for a 700SPS AAC-SD as well. Will also shoot this on my Grendel too just for noise reduction. Love the QD mounts and how easy it is to make quick changes with it.

Only sad part is having to part with other guns to fund the suppressor. Oh well. Will update the thread so that I/we can track the overall time and process from start to finish.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear ya man. I've got M4-2000 and should have my stamp back in the next few weeks for a prodigy. I'm discovering that these NFA items dont like to be lonely. They enjoy the company of other NFA items.....

Looking forward to your review on the YHM. I would like to get a .308 can next summer if the funds allow.

I

I got the paperwork done, just waiting for the police chief to send it back. Not sure if I can wait for 6 months! Working on a 300 blackout upper build and will save up for a 700SPS AAC-SD as well. Will also shoot this on my Grendel too just for noise reduction. Love the QD mounts and how easy it is to make quick changes with it.

Only sad part is having to part with other guns to fund the suppressor. Oh well. Will update the thread so that I/we can track the overall time and process from start to finish.

I've been interested in a similar setup but I'd like to actual heat what it sounds like. When you get everything back and completed I like to hear your setup if we could arrange that one day.

My buddy has the stainless steel version, which I was very impressed with just wanted the lighter weight in the titanium. I will give a full report after I get it in and get some rounds down range.

Orientalexpress, just give me a shout in the summer and we can set something up.

My buddy has the stainless steel version, which I was very impressed with just wanted the lighter weight in the titanium. I will give a full report after I get it in and get some rounds down range.

Orientalexpress, just give me a shout in the summer and we can set something up.

We can get up sooner than the summer if you want to hear mine. Rebels010 and I shoot together a lot. I have the SS .308 QD and run it on a Savage bolt gun. It makes everyone grin and chuckle when they hear it. Also run it on my AR, but haven't tried it with subsonic 556 ammo. Lets do some shootin'.

just a note, but remember it does make a difference were you shoot at. if you shoot in a large open area it is hard (to me anyway) to even heard the bullet going thru the sound barrier. but in wooded area's it will seem loud or does to me.

Guest 556or762

I bought the stainless yhm 762, on my ar with standard 556 ammo it makes it sound like a 22lr high velocity the muzzle is very quiet but you hear the crack of the bullet, I love it. I also have the yhm22 mite on my savage mkII you can hear the firing pi click with subsonic CCI 40gn and I have reliably shot it to 300 yds. I am looking for a stainless 556 can now we will se what happens I would like the titanium but I cant justify the cost increase for the weight, Ill put it on an sbr anyway so it will be light. I have info I got from Dolomite here for subsonic .308 using trailboss powder it makes it very quiet using 8 to 10 gn of trailboss, I got info from the hogdon help line of 168gn bullet, fed 210m primer, 8gn of clays powder makes right at 1000fps

556or762,

I also have a mite for my savage mkII (and 10/22 and P22) but haven't got to shoot it much because testing it at the range is pointless. I will get to test it and hunt with it quite a bit over Christmas though. For your savage is the CCI's been the best choice? I only have the winchester sub's to try so far.

Well, the check is in the mail. I will provide another post on when my check clears.

Now, to get my G26 sold and finish up the 300 Blackout build in the mean time. Idle hands are the devil's workshop, so I will need to keep myself busy over the next 6 months.

Guest 556or762
You are shooting 22s at 300 yards? Hows that grouping?

I have not really tried for a group I shoot at cans and bottles if there is no wind and you have a good rest and do your part 9 out of 10 shots I can take out a dr pepper can at 300. I have shot for groups at 100 and the best 10 shot group so far is about 1.5in but it was dead calm and I took probably 9 or 10 minutes to shoot all ten shots. I can regularly shoot 2 in 10 shot groups at 100 with not a whole lot of effort at 200 I have managed a 3.5 in group for 10 rounds of CCI 40gn subsonic but thats the only subsonic ammo I can get that out of. Actually thats the ammo that did all of the above, the gun does its part though its a Savage MKII TR with a 16x mil dot scope on a 20 moa one piece base from EGW, bi pod etc. you get the point. :D

Guest 556or762
556or762,

I also have a mite for my savage mkII (and 10/22 and P22) but haven't got to shoot it much because testing it at the range is pointless. I will get to test it and hunt with it quite a bit over Christmas though. For your savage is the CCI's been the best choice? I only have the winchester sub's to try so far.

CCI 40gn subsonic does better than the 36gn for me, actually it does better in my AR's with my CMMG kit and my GSG 1911/22. I have tried Remington, Aguila,CCI,Wolf and Federal, I think the Federal was as good I might give it another shot with more ammo and try it at different ranges. again forf whatever reason my guns prefer 40gn to 36gn

Some of the best "budget" subsonic 22 is the Winchester Subsonic HP. It shoots the best out of all my guns. And it is Hollywood quiet with my suppressor. In my dedicated AR the hammer is louder than the shot itself. In my bolt gun the steel ringing at 100 ayrds is louder than the shot.

The problem with CCI Subsonic ammo is the driving band on the bullet is higher than normal. This isn't a problem, and actaully helps, in sporter chambered guns but in match chambered semi autos it can cause cycling problems.

As far as true "bulk" ammo the Wincester 555's or 333's are about the best right now. It all works in cycles, Federal was teh greatest a few years ago but is having issues now. Remongton is probably the worst right now.

Dolomite

I checked my bank account and my check showed up as cashed for today. Mailed it last Monday and it is already hitting my bank account one week later. Seems quick to me.

So for those more educated on this process, what and when do I need to start checking in on this to complete this timeline? What are the other steps in the process?

I checked my bank account and my check showed up as cashed for today. Mailed it last Monday and it is already hitting my bank account one week later. Seems quick to me.

So for those more educated on this process, what and when do I need to start checking in on this to complete this timeline? What are the other steps in the process?

Nope.

Mine showed up cashed very quickly but took about a onth to go pending.

I would make my first call one month after the check is cashed. Then call every week after that until you go pending. The you are either going to go quickly or slowly depending on the examiner. Some examiners are taking months to complete while others are taking weeks.

It also depends on your paperwork. If everything is ok then the process goes on but if there is an issue you may have to call to find out. I have also been told that those of us who have clearances or had them may take a little longer. I guess I could call and find out if there is any truth to that.

Here was my timeline:

1. NFA Item: Suppressor

2. Form Type: Form 1

3. Transferee Type: Individual

4. Forms Sent: 1 April 2011

5. Delivered: 5 April 2011

6. Personal Check Cashed: 12 April 2011

7. Pending Date: 9 May 2011

8. Approved Date: 1 July 2011

9. Forms Received: 7 July 2011

10. Examiner: Suzanne Santa Maria

11. Notes:

And by all accounts the waits are getting longer.

Dolomite

(304) 616-4500

You will go pending about a month from the date that the check was cashed. Call around that time and ask to check on your status. After that, you will probably be waiting about 5 months or more. Your examiner should be Albert Lamberger since they went to the new system.

Thanks man. I've done this already with a .22 suppressor, but I didn't follow up or check like I should because I just planned on waiting 6 months. There ended up being an issue, and if I would have been following up I would have recieved it sooner. Just want to make sure that doesn't happen this time. Should be here in plenty of time to enjoy the warm shooting weather and get ready for hunting season next year.