Arsenal SAM7 AK-47

TheGrimReaper

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at a local funshop and seen a Arseanl SAM7 milled reciever AK-47 for 650.00. It was used in really great shape. Are the Arsenal AK's as good as people say they are? Is that a really good price for milled AK?

From what I understand, Arsenal makes some of the best AK's out there. Great price!

From what I understand, Arsenal makes some of the best AK's out there. Great price!

Arsenal converts Siagas. However, they do full conversions including the handguards.

They don't actually produce the guns, they import, convert and finish them.

Their guns are very high quality.

I bought an AK today.........(polish undercarry)

When discussing this topic exactly my shop pretty much was

telling me there is nothing an Arsenal can do better than any other good working

stamped AK.......

Unfortunately, most gun shop experts are not so much experts as people who read something somewhere one time on some forum from some other guy.

There is a world of difference in a CAI kit build and an Arsenal.

Arsenal converts Siagas. However, they do full conversions including the handguards.

They don't actually produce the guns, they import, convert and finish them.

Their guns are very high quality.

According to Arsenals website they are a manufacturing facility and their rifles are manufactured (Machined from forgings) at their facility in Nevada and are U.S. Made.

It is my understanding Saiga’s are stamped receivers.

According to Arsenals website they are a manufacturing facility and their rifles are manufactured (Machined from forgings) at their facility in Nevada and are U.S. Made.

It is my understanding Saiga’s are stamped receivers.

According to their website, the SGL series, which I have owned, is re-manufactured in Las Vegas.

SGL21 SERIES

7.62x39 Caliber Russian Stamped Receiver AK-47 Variant Rifles

SGL21 (Saiga) 7.62x39 caliber rifles are top notch, Russian made, stamped receiver, semi-automatic AK-47 variants remanufactured by Arsenal, Inc in Las Vegas, Nevada. All SGL21 rifles feature original Russian made 1mm stamped receiver, original Russian chrome lined hammer forged barrel, front sight block with bayonet lug and 24x1.5mm right-hand threads, gas block with accessory lug, US made anti-slap double stage trigger group, US made mil-spec. polymer stock set with stainless steel heat shield and trapdoor for cleaning kit, 1000 meter rear sight leaf, scope rail. They come with original Warsaw or NATO length buttstock, and in black, OD green, or plum color. Check out the tactical variations with durable aluminum handguards with Picatinny rails for attaching flashlights, scopes, lasers, or other AK accessories of your choice. Some variations are available in California, New Jersey, and New York state compliant configurations.

The SLR Series are remanufactured Bulgarian rifles.

SLR-107 SERIES

7.62x39 Caliber Bulgarian Stamped Receiver Rifles

SLR-107 7.62x39 caliber rifles are top notch, Bulgarian made, stamped receiver, semi-automatic variants remanufactured by Arsenal, Inc in Las Vegas, Nevada. All SLR-107 rifles feature original Bulgarian made 1mm stamped receiver, original Bulgarian chrome lined hammer forged barrel, US made anti-slap double stage trigger group, US made mil-spec. polymer stock set with stainless steel heat shield, left-side folding solid polymer buttstock, and trapdoor for cleaning kit, 800 meter rear sight leaf. The SLR-107F and SLR-107FR models come with front sight block with bayonet lug and 24x1.5mm right-hand threads, gas block with bayonet lug, Bulgarian chrome lined muzzle brake, and in black or desert sand color. SLR-107CR model comes with a front sight block / gas block combination, and SLR-107UR model comes with a front sight block / gas block combination and short gas system (“Krinkovâ€).

However, you are correct in that the SA series, which is what is in question here, is in fact made in the USA. This is apparently a new venture for them, as for the last several years all they have done is created top notch conversions.

• 3 weeks later...
Unfortunately, most gun shop experts are not so much experts as people who read something somewhere one time on some forum from some other guy.

There is a world of difference in a CAI kit build and an Arsenal.

So they actually shoot that much better?

Just curious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guest The Dude
So they actually shoot that much better?

Just curious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

usually they will. the rifles Arsenal work on are all factory new rifles strait from Russia or bulgaria. almost all other AK's are made from parts kits. mostly used. same with the CAI guns. they are built from old parts that usually are no longer in spec for military service or no longer pass factory gauges for whatever the reason. that doesnt mean they wont go bang everytime. as most will. overall fit and finish on an Arsenal is much better than any cai gun i ever had. i have an sgl31-62 and dont know if ill go back to century. i sold my wasr 2 to help fund the arsenal. the price relfects a lot of what an AK is worth. (at least to me) and how much work went into it. Arsenals will hold their value much longer as well, if you decided to sell later.

as far as shooting better, i think they do. my sgl in 5.45 shoots much better than the century model i had in the same caliber. i havent had problems with neither rifle, though. they both are as reliable as an AK would be, but i feel the Arsenal will out live the century build by far.