XD 40 SC Holsters and pics

Guest Darbley77

Guest Darbley77

Ok guys, I need your opinions again. I have a XD 40 SC and I'm looking for a good conceal carry holster. I just got an MTAC today and I'm not to sure bout it yet. A lil different than the on the belt holsters I have used. What do all the XD Sub carriers use out there? Any good paddels that actually conceal? Anything better than the MTAC?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest db99wj
Ok guys, I need your opinions again. I have a XD 40 SC and I'm looking for a good conceal carry holster. I just got an MTAC today and I'm not to sure bout it yet. A lil different than the on the belt holsters I have used. What do all the XD Sub carriers use out there? Any good paddels that actually conceal? Anything better than the MTAC?

What is it about the MTAC that you are not sure about? When compared to a on the belt holster it should be completely different since the MTAC is a IWB. I will say, if you have not worn an IWB holster, it does take a little time to get comfortable with it, but once you do...I have had mine on since 7:30 this morning, and the only time I feel it is when I type about it on here, or go to the John...

I carry the XD service which is longer, but I carry it in a CTAC. The MTAC is very similiar, but has the leather backing, it is built to be the best of both worlds. The feel against you of leather, the retention, the holster/reholster(one handed) aspects of Kydex, plus the added benefit of being able to tuck in your shirt and go superduper concealed.:) I wear a shirt and tie everyday at work.....it disappears...:rolleyes:

Guest Darbley77

Hello all XD Sub Compact owners. I am looking for a good conceal carry holster. I ordered an MTAC but its not for me. It just doesn't feel or sit right for me. I am interested in IWB and OWB holsters as well as paddles. Thanks guys.

Guest Darbley77

It is a great holster but it doesnt seem to ride right for me. I think that if I cut the excess clips off it would be great but if I do than Im stuck with it. I drive a lot and its not the best driving holster. I know thats not much infomation or reason but....that all I got for now.

Guest db99wj
It is a great holster but it doesnt seem to ride right for me. I think that if I cut the excess clips off it would be great but if I do than Im stuck with it. I drive a lot and its not the best driving holster. I know thats not much infomation or reason but....that all I got for now.

The clips, that hold it to your belt, can be altered, cut them down and see how that works. They do sell the clips separetely on the Comptec website, they run about $14.00. So you could replace them if you still couldn't get it to work.

Though I have not bought it yet I do think(with the info that I got off this site & the way it looks), I will go with the Kramer #3 horsehide. It is a little on the high end but you usually get what you pay for. If some one has a better one for a cheaper price I would like to hear about it.

Thanks for the link Houseboat. I remember seeing your site before now. I do like the idea of the adjustable cant & that it can be locked or travel freely. Please don't take offence in my asking does anyone have any feedback on these holsters? I would love all the info I can read. Thanks again Houseboat.

Guest GUTTERbOY

Here are some photos of my Tucker Texas Heritage with an XD service. I previously carried a 9 SC when I lived in NC in this holster. The clips are kind of obtrusive, but they're interchangeable with CTAC clips, so it's possible to get some c-clips or y-clips if something more low-key is desired. I never carried with my shirt tucked, so the clips were always covered for me.

xzome.jpg

mhdr2s.jpg

30ruyvt.jpg

Guest db99wj

It has to be just the angle and the part that we are seeing, but it looks like your pants are on backwards or the top of your body is backwards...or you are ..... your elbow and body don't seem to be going in the correct directions...:P:crazy: