What sunglasses do you wear?

ls3_kid

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For our TGO'ers that are Military/Police/Fire/EMS, check out usstandardissue.com They are a discount Oakley site for public service personnel. All that you have to do is fill out their application and e-mail a copy of your ID or business card. It is free to join and their prices are usually almost half of retail. I have bought several things from there with no problems and fast shipping. They also have Oakley boots, watches, computer bags, etc.

Unfortunately I have very light sensitive eyes. The sun can give me a migraine in a matter of minutes. So I have sunglasses all over the place. I usually prefer dark gray, gray/green or amber lenses. For dress usually wear my Ray Ban Wayfarers or Clubmasters. I do find it hard to find sunglasses that are not aviator style, which will fold flat to fit in a suitcoat inside pocket.

I have several pair of Bolle that I like a lot and a pair of Revsions that work well, but are definitely not compact. I also have a couple pair of the Member's Mark glasses that you can get from the Sam's Club Vision Center. They have held up well and have good clear lenses. I don't know who makes those.

You guys wearing cheap sunglass need to be aware that the UV coating will rub off. We all polish are glasses with our shirt tail or whatever. You will not notice if the UV coating comes off, but your eyes will.

The coating on a good pair of glasses will not come off on your shirt tail.

I have had Oakley glasses before, still have one pair as a backup in the truck. I was very disappointed in their durability.

You guys wearing cheap sunglass need to be aware that the UV coating will rub off. We all polish are glasses with our shirt tail or whatever. You will not notice if the UV coating comes off, but your eyes will.

The coating on a good pair of glasses will not come off on your shirt tail.

says the guy who drinks cheap beer and doesn't believe in buying nice flashlights....

:)

says the guy who drinks cheap beer and doesn't believe in buying nice flashlights....

:)

LOL, you only get one pair of eyes. You living in the Sunshine State ought to take note. I never worried about it much until we lived in Boca. I was outside a lot on the golf course between work and play . Proper UV protection for the eyeballs is important.

I can get by with cheap beer, I have an iron gut, and my flashlights are Maglights so it is not like total junk, just not expensive stuff.

Guest jackdm3

It should be added that scratched lenses within line of sight, despite their newness, might need to be replaced as well. Another optical disturbance.

Here is something neat. This is one of the first pair of Ray-Bans I bought almost two decades ago. I never really wore them because it made me look like a cop or that biker dude from The Village People. I laugh that they are now considered vintage.

This is a pair of 58mm B&L Outdoorsman with the Diamond Hard lenses.

[/url]img2011120600431.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Edited by mav

I wore Oakley for years. Used to think they were the best made. That is until a friend keep telling to to try Costa. So I ordered a pair two years ago and have never looked back. I wont go back to a poly lens for everyday wear. It's hard to explain, when I wear poly lens glasses now my eyes feel tired after a few hours. But I can wear my glass 580 Costas for 12 hours with no problem. If I am shooting I wear Oakley M-Frames because the poly won't shatter like glass will. Another plus is I can buy anything Costa makes at cost.

I have two pair of Blackfin 580's that I wear everyday. One is black frame with blue mirror lens, the other is tortoise with green mirror lens.

sku_101_angle1_xl.png[/img]

All the glasses that I own.

Costa Blackfin blue mirror 580

Costa Blackfin green mirror 580

Oakley Straight Jacket

Oakley Monster Dog

Oakley Half Jacket

Oakley Bruce Irons Hijinx

Oakley M-Frames

I wore Oakley for years. Used to think they were the best made. That is until a friend keep telling to to try Costa. So I ordered a pair two years ago and have never looked back. I wont go back to a poly lens for everyday wear. It's hard to explain, when I wear poly lens glasses now my eyes feel tired after a few hours. But I can wear my glass 580 Costas for 12 hours with no problem. If I am shooting I wear Oakley M-Frames because the poly won't shatter like glass will. Another plus is I can buy anything Costa makes at cost.

I have two pair of Blackfin 580's that I wear everyday. One is black frame with blue mirror lens, the other is tortoise with green mirror lens.

sku_101_angle1_xl.png[/img]

All the glasses that I own.

Costa Blackfin blue mirror 580

Costa Blackfin green mirror 580

Oakley Straight Jacket

Oakley Monster Dog

Oakley Half Jacket

Oakley Bruce Irons Hijinx

Oakley M-Frames

I want some green lens Costa Harpoons (I miss tortoise shell too).

321305?wid=800&hei=600&op_sharpen=1

Just waiting for a good deal.

Also Mike.357 you said the Oakleys UV protection wears off? I have always heard they are the best.